Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2019 Order Guide/Book Date?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to see the order guide. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the ‘18 SQ5 since the only thing I’d have wanted was the phone charging, and the timing was right. SQ5 with prestige package, mythos black, black fine napa, cold weather, carbon atlas inlays, 20s all season. Traded in my low mileage ‘15 3.0T, which seems tame now compared with the grunt of the SQ5!
Old 07-13-2018, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

I was thinking I would be ordering Moonsoon Gray metallic on my 2019 SQ5 and now it is discontinued.

I've been Googling "Quantum Gray Metallic" and not getting many hits. There are some Q2 photos supposably with that color. Have to see this color in person but how? Does anyone have any recommendations of examples in Quantum Gray Metallic out in the wild of USA?
Old 07-13-2018, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
I was thinking I would be ordering Moonsoon Gray metallic on my 2019 SQ5 and now it is discontinued.

I've been Googling "Quantum Gray Metallic" and not getting many hits. There are some Q2 photos supposably with that color. Have to see this color in person but how? Does anyone have any recommendations of examples in Quantum Gray Metallic out in the wild of USA?
Here is a video on a Q5 in Quantum Gray with the 20" black optics rotor wheels out on the road and not sitting in a showroom where the lighting and affect how the actual color looks in daylight. Hope this helps! I'm eager to see this IRL. I'm glad they are offering Glacier white again. This color was not available for the 2018 lineip

Old 07-13-2018, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Interested to see how the MSRPs are going to change now that the navigation package and 19" wheels are standard on P+. One minor change I noticed is the "leatherette arm rest and center console" moved from Prestige to P+. The plastic arm rest and center console look cheap. The price of Prestige may not change much since the cost of Driver Assistant Package can be offset by losing the 20" wheels.

I don't care too much about the wireless charging since it tends to heat up the phone and I need to plug the phone in for Android Auto anyway. The power adjustable steering column is not very useful to me since I only adjust it once for the life of a car

I do wish I had the park assist. It can come in handy sometimes.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by treoless
Interested to see how the MSRPs are going to change now that the navigation package and 19" wheels are standard on P+. One minor change I noticed is the "leatherette arm rest and center console" moved from Prestige to P+. The plastic arm rest and center console look cheap. The price of Prestige may not change much since the cost of Driver Assistant Package can be offset by losing the 20" wheels.

I don't care too much about the wireless charging since it tends to heat up the phone and I need to plug the phone in for Android Auto anyway. The power adjustable steering column is not very useful to me since I only adjust it once for the life of a car

I do wish I had the park assist. It can come in handy sometimes.
will the steering column lift up when you turn the ignition off to let you get in/out easily like those in Lexus?
Old 07-17-2018, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

One more thing to consider... according to Audi Website "Google Earth features will not be available after December 2020 for Model Year 2018 & prior vehicles". I was reading in another threat that new google maps services & google assistant, etc. are not supported under current MY18 and older hardware, so looks like MY19 will have some sort of hardware update that will allow them to use new software.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Any word when we can build a 19’ SQ5?
Old 07-19-2018, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by texas-wheels01
One more thing to consider... according to Audi Website "Google Earth features will not be available after December 2020 for Model Year 2018 & prior vehicles". I was reading in another threat that new google maps services & google assistant, etc. are not supported under current MY18 and older hardware, so looks like MY19 will have some sort of hardware update that will allow them to use new software.
19 + cars are all being built with the newer google software
Old 07-19-2018, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by heynowbababooey
Any word when we can build a 19’ SQ5?
you can spec one now, but there are no prices and I don't "think" they are accepting orders yet as far as assigning build weeks. I'll have to look as I have a bunch of 19's to now build in the next few days and have focused more on the new cars than the current gen
Old 07-26-2018, 11:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by iconoclast
Let's not make this a political thread and stay on topic. Spoke with local Audi dealer today. As of right now configured as desired MSRP would be $88,475. This time last year the same build would have been $88,075. Both prices are before destination costs.
Great! So pricing is out now? I've been waiting for that before I could finalize my 2019 factory order.

Quick Reply: 2019 Order Guide/Book Date?