Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2019 Q5 Premium Plus

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2019 Q5 Premium Plus

I have been reading this forum for the past few weeks. I'm looking for advice on purchasing the Q5 in the greater Chicago area. Here is what I am looking to buy:

Premium Plus Base $49,950
Gray Metallic $595
Cold Weather Package $750
Destination $995
MSRP $52,290

I test drove this at one dealer already. I plan to contact the closest 5 or 6 dealerships via internet on pricing. What discount off MSRP should I be targeting at this point? I'm trying to make sure that I have all the potential rebates/incentives, etc. I will finance this at the dealership if the rate is better than my credit union. What dealerships are the high volume dealers in the area? Any advice would be appreciated?
Old 04-30-2019, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i cant help you with dealers in that area, but based on all the info that i have gathered, i would not spend more than 5 or 6% off MSRP. that is, pay somewhere around $49,152 (or less if you can get it). i shopped 7 of the closest dealers in my area when i was buying. the best offer i got for a factory order was ~8% off MSRP. however, once i dug in a little bit, that included some incentives that i didn't qualify for. i paid almost exactly 6% off MSRP at a dealer near my house that has free loaners when i take it in for service. the salesperson was super friendly and the F&I person was a dream (which has never happened for me in the past). i was happy to pay a little more there due to those reasons. as you've probably read, some folks are getting some really great deals - better than 6% off MSRP. but a better price has to be weighed against some of the other benefits a dealer might offer like i mentioned. not everyone provides a free loaner - waiting for an oil change might be a deal breaker for you. proximity to your house might be a factor, etc. best of luck to you. i hope you get a great deal.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

If you don't do your own oil changes, and if you plan on keeping the car for at least 50,000 miles, might want to look at Audi Care for $999.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ronsal
If you don't do your own oil changes, and if you plan on keeping the car for at least 50,000 miles, might want to look at Audi Care for $999.
I was under the impression that Audi Care only covered oil changes? I do plan to keep this car for at least 100,000 miles.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Audi Care is supposed to cover ALL required maintenance for the specified period of time.

You will find the full maintenance routines on the Audi USA website.

John, welcome aboard !!
Old 04-30-2019, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by msujohn
I was under the impression that Audi Care only covered oil changes? I do plan to keep this car for at least 100,000 miles.
Sorry 'bout that. Audi Care covers a fuller range of services than just oil changes. What I should have said was to look at Audi Care. And if you don't do any routine maintenance services yourself, it will save you some money over the 1st 50,000 miles.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by -hef-
i cant help you with dealers in that area, but based on all the info that i have gathered, i would not spend more than 5 or 6% off MSRP. that is, pay somewhere around $49,152 (or less if you can get it). i shopped 7 of the closest dealers in my area when i was buying. the best offer i got for a factory order was ~8% off MSRP. however, once i dug in a little bit, that included some incentives that i didn't qualify for. i paid almost exactly 6% off MSRP at a dealer near my house that has free loaners when i take it in for service. the salesperson was super friendly and the F&I person was a dream (which has never happened for me in the past). i was happy to pay a little more there due to those reasons. as you've probably read, some folks are getting some really great deals - better than 6% off MSRP. but a better price has to be weighed against some of the other benefits a dealer might offer like i mentioned. not everyone provides a free loaner - waiting for an oil change might be a deal breaker for you. proximity to your house might be a factor, etc. best of luck to you. i hope you get a great deal.
How long ago did you buy? How can y you determine if you quality for some incentives? I don't own an Audi currently so won't be able to get any loyalty incentive,
Old 04-30-2019, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I got the same 2019 Premium Plus in Florett silver Metallic with the B&O sound, 20" wheels and cold weather package, MSRP was $54,290, I paid $49914, that is an 8.06% discount. The company I work for has a supplier discount program which is not as good as haggling with the "vultures"....makes it more fun.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:43 PM
BMT
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm in the Washington, DC metro area and I bought a 2019 Q5 Prestige in monsoon gray with the cold weather package, black optic package and the rear side airbags back in mid-March with an 8.9% discount off of MSRP. I also purchased Audi Care for $999. There are 6 or 7 dealerships in the area but I only ended up talking to 2 of them and had a very good sales experience (low pressure, easy negotiating, etc.).
Old 04-30-2019, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by msujohn
How long ago did you buy? How can y you determine if you quality for some incentives? I don't own an Audi currently so won't be able to get any loyalty incentive,
i bought my car last July.

i contacted the dealer when the price seemed too good to be true (incentives i didnt qualify for), and i just asked them outright if there were any incentives included in their quoted price. when you reach out over the interwebs, just include that in your inquiry... "please don't include any incentives that i may not qualify for in your best price."

i am way happy with the price i paid and with my dealer experience.

Last edited by -hef-; 04-30-2019 at 05:46 PM.

Quick Reply: 2019 Q5 Premium Plus