Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2019 Q5 Wireless Charging Pad

Old 12-22-2018, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DBV
No - but it does not take a rocket scientist to notice that cup holders interfere with arm rester. So don’t care what country you are from. Just very poor design.

a cup is 8 oz and it’s a cup holder

what you buy at 7/11 at a size of a barrel it’s not a cup

I have no problem with my cups and they don’t interfere with the arm rest.
Old 12-22-2018, 04:58 AM
DBV
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool - I just have an issue with it, because you can't move the arm rest forward as it would be in the way of your cups or phone. Not a smart design. I am just talking about a normal bottle of water too. Every car has something they can improve upon and this is an obvious one for Audi.
Old 12-22-2018, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DBV
Cool - I just have an issue with it, because you can't move the arm rest forward as it would be in the way of your cups or phone. Not a smart design. I am just talking about a normal bottle of water too. Every car has something they can improve upon and this is an obvious one for Audi.

i understand your point. However just like you wrote you are improperly using a cup holder as a bottle holder which was never designed as. You want to store a bottle that is placed in the doors. It’s like complaining that gasoline engine doesn’t run good on diesel, that was not it’s designed.

i think what should be designed better is that CarPlay should be wireless.

Old 12-22-2018, 05:09 AM
DBV
AudiWorld Member

Interesting, as every car I have ever owned, I was able to put a 16 ounce water bottle or iPhone in it. Both our BMW and Mercedes have always been that way. And I think the majority of US customers would agree. A 16 ounce water bottle is actually skinnier than a cup anyway. Also, where do you put your phone then, when you move your armrest forward? Just makes no sense. I would get rid of the writing pad and move that in the back, if you even really need it and move the cupholders their, but guess that makes too much sense for the designers to do. LOL

I don't even get the point of the writing pad. If you are driving you have to look down to ever use it, which is dangerous.
Old 12-22-2018, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You make some good points for the USA market. I would also agree with everything you stated for majority of Americans regarding what they are used to and think they need. What I’m trying to explain that I’m not doing a great job in writing is the fundamental difference in the USA customer base and the rest of the world specifically Europe. Phone is 100 illegal to be used when driving in EMEA and 99% of driverless fallow the rules. Hence they drive the speeds they do and don’t all die. Most of the models until today the phone was mounted directly under the arm rest and was not accessible douring operation. MB and BMW placed the phone in a glove box. Phones are simply not used when driving and don’t need to be placed in an easy access or to fly around when driving. Drinking is very similar, you mainly don’t drink and drive. When you want to rest to get off the road and get a small espresso and you go back to driving.

I guess my my point just how Americans are not awear of the rest of the world (bigger market for Audi) use the cars. If you say the car is sold in USA and I really wished it had cup holders bigger for my drinks and my big phone (normal in USA) that is one thing and I agree with. But if one starts with Audi is stupid and engineers are idiots you will not find sympathy from me.
Old 12-22-2018, 06:16 AM
DBV
AudiWorld Member

Very true. Agree with everything you said. We are close to purchasing our first Audi, a 2019 Q5 Prestige. It was between that and a BMW X5 35d, which is a great deal, but my wife wants the Audi. We are buying, so hopefully are making the right decision.
Old 12-22-2018, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DBV
Very true. Agree with everything you said. We are close to purchasing our first Audi, a 2019 Q5 Prestige. It was between that and a BMW X5 35d, which is a great deal, but my wife wants the Audi. We are buying, so hopefully are making the right decision.
In my personal opinion the car is not perfect nothing is. But I would not buy or replac this car with anything on the market today and I drove them all.

good luck I think you will be extremely happy with your decision
Old 12-22-2018, 06:33 AM
DBV
AudiWorld Member

Thanks appreciate it. Since we are buying, I think the 19 is the way to go. Dealer is same exact cars in 18 and 19, but 18 is about $1800 cheaper, so trying to decide if 19 is worth it. Think it is though.
Old 12-22-2018, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by DBV
Thanks appreciate it. Since we are buying, I think the 19 is the way to go. Dealer is same exact cars in 18 and 19, but 18 is about $1800 cheaper, so trying to decide if 19 is worth it. Think it is though.
Where are you located? In Canada, the '19 adds the "Infotainment" package to the MMI (something not available to us '18 owners, even though the rest of the world gets it),
Old 12-22-2018, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DBV

if you gone keep it for more then 3-4 years or longer get the 18 if you gone sell trade in early get the 19teen. That is if they have same options but you should also get more off then that frame the car. Dealer by me offers 6-7k of MSRP for the 2018 vs 2019 but that is MSRP not sure what you’re difference is based on MSRP or street price

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 Q5 Wireless Charging Pad