Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2019 SQ5 Delivery Timeframe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I understand and agree.

I was concerned that they would give up my allocation spot because I negotiated 8% off MSRP.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DC321
I have been following that one as well.
Thanks!
I am checking with another dealership to get a projected delivery date.
I just received this email a couple of hours ago below. I’m new to the Audi brand so I can’t really give an answer off experience. I was told that It should arrive mid to late November. I place my 2019SQ5 order at the end of July.

Your Audi SQ5 is leaving its foreign port soon.

The production of your Audi SQ5 is complete. Your vehicle is now on its way to its foreign port, where it will start its journey to the United States. Soon, you’ll be behind the wheel of your custom-ordered and uniquely personal Audi SQ5. Once your vehicle arrives in the United States, I’ll contact you to schedule your delivery.

Until then, I invite you to explore helpful online content that explains some of the most technologically advanced features of your new Audi vehicle.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations! I will be following along, so please keep posting.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

My wife's new SQ5 is now scheduled for delivery on 12/5 -- it used to be Thanksgiving week. For unknown reasons, everything about the 2019 MY is a few weeks behind schedule. Dealer thinks it is "certification" issues that are the root cause.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Sydney - Australia. Been keeping the Pacific and Indian oceans apart since 1788
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
My wife's new SQ5 is now scheduled for delivery on 12/5 -- it used to be Thanksgiving week. For unknown reasons, everything about the 2019 MY is a few weeks behind schedule. Dealer thinks it is "certification" issues that are the root cause.
I take it that is not 6 months away then, my side of the world that is 12th of May (12/5) not December 5th, however if Audi is using a proper English translator you may find in 6 months time your 2019 is ready.
Old 11-02-2018, 03:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Aztx35

I just received this email a couple of hours ago below. I’m new to the Audi brand so I can’t really give an answer off experience. I was told that It should arrive mid to late November. I place my 2019SQ5 order at the end of July.

Your Audi SQ5 is leaving its foreign port soon.

The production of your Audi SQ5 is complete. Your vehicle is now on its way to its foreign port, where it will start its journey to the United States. Soon, you’ll be behind the wheel of your custom-ordered and uniquely personal Audi SQ5. Once your vehicle arrives in the United States, I’ll contact you to schedule your delivery.

Until then, I invite you to explore helpful online content that explains some of the most technologically advanced features of your new Audi vehicle.
The foreign port is Mexico where it travels by train, correct? I was under the impression the SQ5's came from Germany, like the X3 m40i's, until I started comparing them. The SQ5 won me over by a long shot. I'm still trying to convince the wife, though.

Congrats on your order being on the way! Looking forward to the pic's.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JustMe
The foreign port is Mexico where it travels by train, correct? I was under the impression the SQ5's came from Germany, like the X3 m40i's, until I started comparing them. The SQ5 won me over by a long shot. I'm still trying to convince the wife, though.

My dealer told me it’s comimg by vessel from Mexico. I was told the rail options has been put on halt for some reason. When looking at the COMM number it does have the vessel option at the top. The SQ5 engine comes from Germany I believe but built in Mexico. I could be wrong I’m super new to this brand.

Good of luck with Wife! Just tell her she can drive it from time to time lol!!!!
Old 11-03-2018, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JustMe

Made in Mexico (Q5 and SQ5)
Old 11-04-2018, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NeedMoreHP

Made in Mexico (Q5 and SQ5)
SQ5 engine built in Hungary, Q5 engine built in Mexico. Both vehicles assembled in Mexico.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Week 39 build, still waiting. There’s still no EPA cert for MY2019 so I believe they can’t even go through customs yet.

Quick Reply: 2019 SQ5 Delivery Timeframe?