Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2019 SQ5 headlight removal question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2019 SQ5 headlight removal question.

I have a 2019 SQ5 and wanna know if I want to remove the whole front headlight do I need to remove the front bumper in order to do so? Thanks
Old 06-04-2019, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

You do. Will need to pull the wheel arch trim to get to a bolt behind that. Then there's a few screws in the wheel arch that need to come off, and then around the perimeter of the top and bottom of the bumper
Old 06-05-2019, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chawski
You do. Will need to pull the wheel arch trim to get to a bolt behind that. Then there's a few screws in the wheel arch that need to come off, and then around the perimeter of the top and bottom of the bumper
Ok thanks for the response.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

There's a thread on here on the mk1 forum with instructions. It's pretty much the same for how to get the bumper of the b9 as well
Old 06-07-2019, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chawski
There's a thread on here on the mk1 forum with instructions. It's pretty much the same for how to get the bumper of the b9 as well
They reason why I ask was because there was a problem I ran into. I bought a 2019 SQ5 about two months now and over the weekend I decided to wash my car and noticed the driver side headlight clear coat was wearing off. I had the dealer put on the xpel film from the first day when I picked up my car. So I call the dealer and told them I want to bring the car in to see if it’s cover under warranty. Brought the car in and the service advisor said he could have the tech take a look at it, later I was told that it seems like when the car was detailed somebody “might” of burned the headlight clear coat when buffing but not 100% sure. They said they can file in to AOA warranty see if the headlight can be replace under warranty. It’s been three days now, no phone calls or news from the service advisor. I left him a message no call back from him either. I don’t know how long of a procedure for the warranty department to get back. Kind of worry now. If they can’t replace it I might have to buy an cheaper one off eBay and replace it myself.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi1177777
They reason why I ask was because there was a problem I ran into. I bought a 2019 SQ5 about two months now and over the weekend I decided to wash my car and noticed the driver side headlight clear coat was wearing off. I had the dealer put on the xpel film from the first day when I picked up my car. So I call the dealer and told them I want to bring the car in to see if it’s cover under warranty. Brought the car in and the service advisor said he could have the tech take a look at it, later I was told that it seems like when the car was detailed somebody “might” of burned the headlight clear coat when buffing but not 100% sure. They said they can file in to AOA warranty see if the headlight can be replace under warranty. It’s been three days now, no phone calls or news from the service advisor. I left him a message no call back from him either. I don’t know how long of a procedure for the warranty department to get back. Kind of worry now. If they can’t replace it I might have to buy an cheaper one off eBay and replace it myself.
Why wouldn't the dealer be responsible?? It was a new car. They put it on. And one of their workers was too aggressive. Seems to me it would be a dealer issue - not AOA. Why is AOA even getting involved?
Old 06-07-2019, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ronsal
Why wouldn't the dealer be responsible?? It was a new car. They put it on. And one of their workers was too aggressive. Seems to me it would be a dealer issue - not AOA. Why is AOA even getting involved?
Yea,I said same thing. I was just told that it might be the buffing that cause it and following by “ not sure”. Don’t have any proof that was the case. I don’t even know what I should do at this point.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yea,I said same thing. I was just told that it might be the buffing that cause it and following by “ not sure”. Don’t have any proof that was the case. I don’t even know what I should do at this point.
I guess that I would just say as politely, yet forcefully as possible to the dealer, that I have a defective headlight and it's between you and AOA to decide. But it's definitely NOT my responsibility. If the dealer said that it's "possible" that his people were too aggressive, that is opening the door for the dealer to be in the wrong. Since the car is still so new they don't want to pay - they want warranty reimbursement. Meanwhile you are being hung out to dry. Used about $750 +, and new probably double that. Bu.....t.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ronsal
I guess that I would just say as politely, yet forcefully as possible to the dealer, that I have a defective headlight and it's between you and AOA to decide. But it's definitely NOT my responsibility. If the dealer said that it's "possible" that his people were too aggressive, that is opening the door for the dealer to be in the wrong. Since the car is still so new they don't want to pay - they want warranty reimbursement. Meanwhile you are being hung out to dry. Used about $750 +, and new probably double that. Bu.....t.
well in the worst case, I will buy an used one and install it myself. Don’t want to go through all that headache and lose all the fun that this car gives me. This is one of the best sport suv that I have driven so far. Cheers
Old 06-07-2019, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

well in the worst case, I will buy an used one and install it myself. Don’t want to go through all that headache and lose all the fun that this car gives me. This is one of the best sport suv that I have driven so far. Cheers
good luck...........

Quick Reply: 2019 SQ5 headlight removal question.