Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

7 days with the Q5 and ready to give it away

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lemon Law

Suggesting that the lemon law would come into play here was the dumbest thing I've read. If the car is defective and unfixable after many tries, it's a lemon. Not liking the seats is not the car's fault. It's just a problem the owner finds with the car that could have been avoided with further testing.

Another note, I had a 2015 Q5 which was super comfortable. After sitting in a 2018, I had them find me a 2017 for comfort's sake. What I didn't know is that the ventilated seats, despite looking quite similar, aren't the same comfort. I may have to remove that seat bottom and install one like my 2015. It's stiffer and hurts me. Not happy about the cost but I love everything else about the car including my old style 8 speed and the V6.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

While I'm far from an Audi 'enthusiast', I find the complaints about the comfort aspects of the Q5 to be unbelievable. I'm 6'7", 220 lbs and 66 years old. We've owned other Audi products, BMWs, Saabs....well, you get it, many different makes and models. This is the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven. Period. Short runs plus my six hour runs from north of ATL to the gulf coast. It works well in both situations. My wife likes the Audi brand. So, we buy Audi products. If left to me, I'd be in a Subaru. But, in all fairness, comfort complaints about the new Q5 are ridiculous. Now, if you want to complain about activating the liftgate with the foot sensor or the pre-sense system, I'll say your complaints might have some merit. But comfort? You've got to be kidding. Btw, even a 5' tall 100 lb person commented on how comfortable the Q5 is.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaglerescue
While I'm far from an Audi 'enthusiast', I find the complaints about the comfort aspects of the Q5 to be unbelievable. I'm 6'7", 220 lbs and 66 years old. We've owned other Audi products, BMWs, Saabs....well, you get it, many different makes and models. This is the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven. Period. Short runs plus my six hour runs from north of ATL to the gulf coast. It works well in both situations. My wife likes the Audi brand. So, we buy Audi products. If left to me, I'd be in a Subaru. But, in all fairness, comfort complaints about the new Q5 are ridiculous. Now, if you want to complain about activating the liftgate with the foot sensor or the pre-sense system, I'll say your complaints might have some merit. But comfort? You've got to be kidding. Btw, even a 5' tall 100 lb person commented on how comfortable the Q5 is.
If you read my complaint, you will see that the demo seat is perfectly fine and the one in my car is not. There is obviously some production variance as I am not the only one with the issue and others in this thread have sat in multiple 2018's with the same seat type and find a difference between them so much that they have canceled their orders. Don't assume because you have never had a seat problem with an Audi that others must be crazy.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark 67
If you read my complaint, you will see that the demo seat is perfectly fine and the one in my car is not. There is obviously some production variance as I am not the only one with the issue and others in this thread have sat in multiple 2018's with the same seat type and find a difference between them so much that they have canceled their orders. Don't assume because you have never had a seat problem with an Audi that others must be crazy.
Maybe a quality control issue with whoever is now building the seats.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

There may even be two or three vendors. If Your dealer/Audi won't help you then take it to a good upholstery shop. There may be something they can do like changing to a softer/denser memory foam. That's a better solution than taking a big loss by trading or worse yet driving a car you hate. I have a friend (retired) whose shop specialized in airplane and train seats. Someone like that has to deal with diverse clients and comfort would be a priority.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't find them 'crazy', just, well, I don't buy into their complaint.