Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

7 days with the Q5 and ready to give it away

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Roland Soltesz
I am sure that they had the rpm up before they started. The car is very peppy
Once the rpm band climbs. But from 1000 to 2000 rpm it's Slug. And then the power kicks in.
Thanks. I'll be attending a Launch Party at my local Audi Dealer for the new Q5 so should have a chance to test drive the new Q. Looking forward to checking out the new interior.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

From my understanding it uses the exact same DSG transmission and 2.0 turbo engine as the 2017 A4 that I own. Are you sure you're putting the transmission into Sport? There's a significant amount of turbo lag if it's not in Sport, once I pop it into Sport or change the Drive Select to Dynamic, then the car flies off the line as it will idle at a higher RPM and down shift aggressively.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roland Soltesz
Not a troll. I attached pictures of outside and the new dash. Which is very slick. But the seat,the lag,the ride,the clunk. All are very real.
I must say the picture with the watch is very informative.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,246 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackhawk123
He must have got a new watch!
Old 04-20-2017, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

If you aren't leaving it in Dynamic, this could be part of the issue - agree with OHWHATDA. Thanks for the heads up about the seats. I am 6'1", 215 and would be frustrated by that issue - we have the Sport seats in our Q5 3.0, and I love them on long drives. Will have to figure out if the only way to get those is on the SQ5. I drove the new Q5 and thought it had some pep, but its definitely not the same torque curve as the 3.0. Waiting to drive the SQ5 to see whether its worth upgrading to that.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by OHWHATDA
From my understanding it uses the exact same DSG transmission and 2.0 turbo engine as the 2017 A4 that I own. Are you sure you're putting the transmission into Sport? There's a significant amount of turbo lag if it's not in Sport, once I pop it into Sport or change the Drive Select to Dynamic, then the car flies off the line as it will idle at a higher RPM and down shift aggressively.
Thank You,

I placed it in sport mode and the lag off the line has mostly gone away. It raises the idle about 200 rpm but it is a much peppier car in sport mode.

Seat is still god-awfull. I can barely walk.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by synergize
He must have got a new watch!
lol I am in a watch club. It is kind of addicting. They send a new watch every month. In addition there is a very active group that trades our watches. I have tons of pictures like that. So we all post the watches as we get the.

Monthly Watch Subscription With Surprise Rolex and they give away a rolex every Friday
Old 04-20-2017, 11:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you put the car in Dynamic, don't forget that every time you turn on the car the transmission will still default to Drive and not Sport, so you'll have to pull back on the gear selector to pop into Sport when you want the juice.

Also, did you end up getting the Warm Weather Package which includes the Sport seats? The sport seats have extra thigh support which is why I got them in my 2017 A4. Seats are super comfy, but I've never tried the standard seats so I can't compare.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by OHWHATDA
If you put the car in Dynamic, don't forget that every time you turn on the car the transmission will still default to Drive and not Sport, so you'll have to pull back on the gear selector to pop into Sport when you want the juice.

Also, did you end up getting the Warm Weather Package which includes the Sport seats? The sport seats have extra thigh support which is why I got them in my 2017 A4. Seats are super comfy, but I've never tried the standard seats so I can't compare.
Thanks for the advice. I did not get the warm weather package Not sure any of the vehicles had it. Since they just hit the lots last week. If it takes getting the better seats I am going to have to.

For the premium paid these seats should be appropriate. I am including a picture of the culprit. Notice the hard plastic on the side
Attached Thumbnails 7 days with the Q5 and ready to give it away-img_0952.jpg   7 days with the Q5 and ready to give it away-img_0955.jpg  
Old 04-20-2017, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackhawk123
I think it was like a "Proof of life" but Roland should have used a newspaper. The second hand covered the date and no year. Someone called him a troll! I don't blame Roland for being disappointed. More time test driving is a fair point but hardly anyone checks out a vehicle carefully enough. We get the new car fever.

I have an older friend that buys by Brand and never test drives. He's often complaining but keeps on making the same mistake.

Quick Reply: 7 days with the Q5 and ready to give it away