Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Any dedicated Q5 coding.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any dedicated Q5 coding.

Can't find any definitive coding for the q5. I found some stuff on the q7 and a4 but nothing for us. I have been coding for 9 years with the hex-can cable from Ross tech and am not looking forward to moving to the hexnet system. I see some options like the obdEleven but I'm unsure if that's the route I'm looking to go.

Has anyone coded their mk2 q5?
What have you done?
Anyone experimenting?
Anyone in the tri state area?

EDIT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I have received my obdeleven unit and have made some changes

1) Enabled VIM with the built in app

2) shut off my amber side markers using

Central Electric 09
Coding
sidemarker_via_lcm
From ACTIVE change to NOT_ACTIVE

3) enabled locked while running

Module 46 Control Module "Comfort System"
Coding
central_locking_system_lock_unlock_at_engine_runni ng
From "Not Active" to Active'

4) Seatbelt Chimes with the built in app

5) Tail Lights with DRL using built in app (Scandinavian DRL)

6) Increased ventilated Seat fan Speed

Central electrics 09
Adaption
Find Seat ventilation,micro adjustment
Increase up to 10% on each stage
( I went 5% on stage 1 and 2 and 10% on stage 3)

Last edited by fdot; 07-08-2017 at 07:30 PM. Reason: I did some
Old 07-03-2017, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I recently sold my old Hex-Can due to the fact it won't work on the new 2018 Q5 and got a Hex V2 Enthusiast version limiting me to three VINs.

From my old notes and information on the forum, I plan on looking into the following...

- Disabling the Engine Auto On/Off (or at least the last known memory of the switch)
- Guage Test/Needle Sweep active
- Remote Control Active (this may already be on)
- Disable the Seatbelt Warning
- Winking DRL
- Full Brightness DRL
Old 07-03-2017, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cakasky
I recently sold my old Hex-Can due to the fact it won't work on the new 2018 Q5 and got a Hex V2 Enthusiast version limiting me to three VINs.

From my old notes and information on the forum, I plan on looking into the following...

- Disabling the Engine Auto On/Off (or at least the last known memory of the switch)
- Guage Test/Needle Sweep active
- Remote Control Active (this may already be on)
- Disable the Seatbelt Warning
- Winking DRL
- Full Brightness DRL

So the hexv2 works..... interesting. Everything I found was people saying get hexnet or the obdEleven. I don't trust obdeleven for some reason. Must be because it needs an android device to work.

The main codes for me would be winking. Full brightness. Amber side markers off and video in motion.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fdot
So the hexv2 works..... interesting. Everything I found was people saying get hexnet or the obdEleven. I don't trust obdeleven for some reason. Must be because it needs an android device to work.

The main codes for me would be winking. Full brightness. Amber side markers off and video in motion.
Yeah I spent at least 2 weeks and many back and forth about this one. I too don't trust "others" and since my Audi A5 back in 2008 I have grown used to and trust the Ross-Tech gear.

My SA at the Audi dealer also uses the old Vag Com (Can + Hex) just like I had. He actually took his computer and cable into work and showed me a screen with the latest VCDS that limits what you can do on the newer models. Even Ross Tech confirmed this too. Basically my only option was to upgrade to the limited V2 version restricted to only 3 VINs. I figured if I do get to that point then I'll just pay the extra $100 for the 10 VIN upgrade pack. The nice thing is my old cable sold right away and it was pretty much an even swap for what I sold that cable for and the new one.

Here are screens from what my SA sent.

Any dedicated Q5 coding.-51803972853__c30ddee8-ffe6-41da-94e8-2a04d8936fe9.jpg

Any dedicated Q5 coding.-img_3890.jpg
Old 07-03-2017, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Forgot to mention...

Once its coded, unless the dealership does some upgrade that wipes things out (happened to me maybe twice in ten years) then really you are all set. So why pay extra for the Net version just to go wireless? Also I heard the Net has connectivity issues so being a bit old school here and knowing a thing or two about networks being hard wired in this scenario would be my recommendation.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cakasky
Forgot to mention...

Once its coded, unless the dealership does some upgrade that wipes things out (happened to me maybe twice in ten years) then really you are all set. So why pay extra for the Net version just to go wireless? Also I heard the Net has connectivity issues so being a bit old school here and knowing a thing or two about networks being hard wired in this scenario would be my recommendation.
That's exactly the screen I saw when I tried. We are in the same boat. In 9 years I think 1 time they wiped my car. I don't care about being wireless. Ross tech has an upgrade program in place so I guess that's another option.

Did you do any upgrades yet?
Old 07-03-2017, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nope on the upgrade program. I sold my old cable on eBay and purchased the new one from Ross-Tech. Just awaiting for my Q5 order. Another month or two!

The new vag com cable came in a matter of days.

Last edited by cakasky; 07-03-2017 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Is that how long it takes. Ugg I have no patience.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

I purchased an obdeleven. Supposed to be here Saturday. Now all I need is an android device.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

obdeleven works great on my 16 S3. even got my rear led's to 'cascade'. I can turn on any option that is actually on the car that I want and since its a prestige theres only euro specific mods that I cannot do even though the scandinavian rear rls, and high intensity brake lights did work. I have 6 or 7 mods I did that all worked until there was a recall for some electrical issue that audi had for something involving the turn signals and something else I never figured out that killed most of the mods. they were easily re done though. theres a neat benefit in that if you open the android app daily [meaning once per day] you get a bonus credit each day that you can then use in the app. if you subscribe to the google opinion rewards you can use your play store credits for each survey google sends you on the app as well.

Quick Reply: Any dedicated Q5 coding.