Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Anyone have issues with power windows?

Old 04-11-2018, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same issue here, it's pretty consistent, when I leave my windows cracked open during the day or overnight, one or more of the windows will go full open when I try to close them. The service dept first tried to reset the full open/close limits and the next time I brought it in, the service adviser told me that this is a quirk of the Q5 and that the system will have this issue with some of the windows going fully open after leaving the windows cracked open for a extended period of time. This is totally unacceptable but I'm not sure how much we can get them to do anything about it at this time. I agree with others that this feels like the windows is hitting resistance when closing after being left cracked open and then reverses to full open. I think it's time to bring this up with the service department again.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem and then window/regulator broke

Have been having the same issue with all 4 windows on our 2018 Q5 (received end of Oct.) since we picked it up. Was just annoying and was going to mention at the first service- until the drivers side window started making a weird crunching noise during the last 3-4 inches when rolling up. Did that for a few days and then just got stuck down. Wouldn’t roll up at all. Dealer replaced the regulator and lubricated the other windows. Also had an issue with the MMI system. The radio had frozen up completely a few days prior to taking it in. None of the controls would do anything with the system at all. No functions or volume. Radio/screen didn’t turn off even when engine was off, doors locked, & I left the vehicle for 10 minutes. It was still on when I came back. The dealer checked it out & got a fault code once, Audi technical couldn’t pinpoint what it was. They said it was fixed and then I picked it up..didn’t make it out of the bay and a new problem. The volume wouldn’t work at all. The volume bar would come up & say “unavailable” and no sound for any output function. The tech had no clue why, also when we went to sound menu, only the subwoofer came up (no bass, treble, balance, etc) and it said function unavailable for the subwoofer. Now my car has been at the dealership for 6 days, and they aren’t saying it’s a software problem. They said/replaced the “digital sound module (amplifier)”. This is crazy to be having so many problems on a car that’s 6 months old. Oh and the tailgate randomly opens on its own overnight. They didn’t fix that. Anyone else having this much trouble?
Old 04-28-2018, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have experienced one time in total. I rarely drive with the windows open, either cracked, half-way, or fully down.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

yep.... drives me crazy.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

happens on our all the time.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

squeezed some Gummi Pflege onto a paper towel, folded it onto a trim removal tool, and thoroughly cleaned out all the rubber window guides/gaskets. Still had some intermittent retracts for a couple weeks, but now I haven't had it happen for almost a month now (could be the gummi pflege leaves the rubber somewhat grippier in the beginning.) Other rubber/vinyl cleaners may do the same trick, i just happened to have some gummi pflege on hand.

Spoke to the SA during the 10k mi service and their solution would have been to lubricate the guides anyway.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happens all the time, I find it happens when someone shuts the door while any window is closing or if you hit a bump in the road while.the window closes.

The sudden jerk might trigger the safety sensor.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:24 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I have a Q7 and have the same issue.

The first time I figured I must have accidently hit the window button incorrectly, but since it's happened a few other times I know it's not me. And it doesn't happen all the time, I could close the window several times and it works fine. Then out of nowhere I pull up on the button and the window goes down instead of up.. It's not that big of a deal it's just annoying..
Old 06-04-2018, 08:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? Have experienced this with my SQ5 a handful of times.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kbug
Has anyone found a solution to this issue? Have experienced this with my SQ5 a handful of times.
almost 2m without a retract after cleaning the window guides (including tinted front windows)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone have issues with power windows?