Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Anything missing from here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Anything missing from here?

Got my 2018 SQ5 used with 3k on the odometer - so I have a couple concerns....how many keys were supposed to come with the vehicle? I got only two - one has a matte finish to the plastic and the other is shiny. But is there supposed to be a third? My 2002 allroad had a miniature emergency key and also a valet key besides two remote control keys. 2nd question, under the rear floor I'm wondering if something is supposed to be in the empty cutout on in the upper left corner? The semi-circular reflection you see is just that, the space is otherwise empty.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

2 keys, Audi no longer uses valet keys

picture is too dark for me to tell, would have to look in a car here when it stops raining
Old 09-10-2018, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
2 keys, Audi no longer uses valet keys

picture is too dark for me to tell, would have to look in a car here when it stops raining
Upper left corner is just an empty squarish space with nothing in it except for that semi-circular molded section that sticks up. Come to think of it, there's also an empty space under that orange right angle piece in the upper right, that looks like it should hold something, if anybody knows.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think that's all the storage we get down there... which is really frustrating lol....
Old 09-10-2018, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Heat00
i think that's all the storage we get down there... which is really frustrating lol....
Yeah well if we got rid of all that styrofoam and just used straps to hold everything in place there would be tons of room, like my old allroad used to have. I had tons of stuff under that floor like I was ready for anything.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Benzie
Yeah well if we got rid of all that styrofoam and just used straps to hold everything in place there would be tons of room, like my old allroad used to have. I had tons of stuff under that floor like I was ready for anything.
ok now we're talking... that's an interesting idea... going to look at it tonight....
or just remove the spare lol? with audi roadside, AAA, and a plug kit is there any need for it?
3 of my last cars had no spare and no runflats... the m3 and the 2 chargers.... just hate to remove it as it will be murphy's law the next day I'll need it hahah
wonder if we can just install run flats on this baby or would that destroy the ride... my wife's glc has run flats and no spare
Old 09-10-2018, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I've yet to find a run flat that had good ride quality.

Not a terrible idea removing the Styrofoam and strapping everything down!
Old 09-11-2018, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

Keep in mind the foam adds support for the rear floor. If you remove it, you'd need to do some sort of support, the carpeted floor will bow with any load.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Wires
Keep in mind the foam adds support for the rear floor. If you remove it, you'd need to do some sort of support, the carpeted floor will bow with any load.
that kind of sucks lol... I'm going to just get a storage box from home depot, load my stuff, and then use the hooks to bungy it in place so it doesn't move around and call it a day I guess.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

I ended up settling to a realization that tool box and other things that used to get hauled around in the other vehicles never got used anyways. So I just stuffed a block heater cord, couple screwdrivers, etc around the holes where they fit.

Its probably done to keep mileage numbers up (since we're not hauling around 100# of dead weight).

Quick Reply: Anything missing from here?