Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Anything missing from here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 06:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Heat00

no, it’s an actual plug kit. The beef jerky looking like things... so if a Nail gets in, you pull it out and then insert the plug and add air. Have used it on the road at least three times...
Check your owners manual page 351 fig 272 item 1. Item one is a sealant bottle and fits the space shown.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rex Guin
Check your owners manual page 351 fig 272 item 1. Item one is a sealant bottle and fits the space shown.
maybe I misunderstood what was being asked, I thought it was in reference to what I had back there which is a tire plug kit. My bad, but either way fix a flat is not a recommended fix in my experience it’s really last resort.... with a compressor and plug kit, spare tire, and Audi roadside there should not be a need for fix a flat?
Old 09-14-2018, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

maybe I misunderstood what was being asked, I thought it was in reference to what I had back there which is a tire plug kit. My bad, but either way fix a flat is not a recommended fix in my experience it’s really last resort.... with a compressor and plug kit, spare tire, and Audi roadside there should not be a need for fix a flat?
fix a flat would temporary fix an side wall puncture to get you to a service. the other would not. i would still not use it myself just giving people options
Old 09-14-2018, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KaDeTime
fix a flat would temporary fix an side wall puncture to get you to a service. the other would not. i would still not use it myself just giving people options
true but with a sidewall puncture I'm either installing the spare or calling roadside lol... at least we have a spare, my last 2 cars had nothing of the sort LOL...
Old 09-14-2018, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

Those plug kits work great. Whenever I got a nail on my RFT tires, tire shop just used a plug. After driving on them for 4 years, they were still fine.
I should get another one to put in the Audi (thinking out loud…)
Old 09-14-2018, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Wires
Those plug kits work great. Whenever I got a nail on my RFT tires, tire shop just used a plug. After driving on them for 4 years, they were still fine.
I should get another one to put in the Audi (thinking out loud…)
for sure... they have saved me a few times. Sometimes it’s hard like if the object won’t come out easy and sometimes you have to make the hole bigger which was tough on the charger as there was little to no room to get your hand in, especially if it was the rear tire but on his baby, got plenty of clearance and if More is needed, just hit the off road and raise it lol.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not to keep changing subject but I found a decent solution for the sunglasses problem... problem Being There is no holder built in... found his by mistake and seems to work at least with my glasses, face up so no part of the lens will be scratched and they stayed in place somehow, so far anyways ... Also need the phone holder to free up the slot but check it out

Old 09-20-2018, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
2 keys, Audi no longer uses valet keys

picture is too dark for me to tell, would have to look in a car here when it stops raining
The Valet key is built into the two main keys. Press the two black buttons on sides of the metal part of your main keys and pull out the small key blade. Use the metal key blade to lock the glove box and keep it. Then just give the main key fob to the valet.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to keep changing subject but I found a decent solution for the sunglasses problem... problem Being There is no holder built in... found his by mistake and seems to work at least with my glasses, face up so no part of the lens will be scratched and they stayed in place somehow, so far anyways ... Also need the phone holder to free up the slot but check it out

I keep my glasses in the cubby on the left hand side of the steering wheel. Seems to be the ideal space since it is felt lined.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RobMande
I keep my glasses in the cubby on the left hand side of the steering wheel. Seems to be the ideal space since it is felt lined.
yea, I've actually since moved them to that same spot as it's too open to damage in that slot....