Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Audi Care: buy from distant dealer, any discounts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Care: buy from distant dealer, any discounts?

Audi Care has increased in price to $999. Also, a $100 discount coupon the dealer sent me a long time ago expired. Finally, NYS charges tax on it. So...

1. Is there a problem with buying Audi Care from a dealer that I didn't buy the car from, in a distant state that doesn't charge tax? Will my local dealer cheerfully honor it?

2. Do any dealers discount it?

3. Are there likely to be future coupons? I can wait; my next service isn't for 4 months.

Thanks.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Should not matter where you buy the Audi Care. All dealers are supposed to honor it.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Computer scientist
Audi Care has increased in price to $999. Also, a $100 discount coupon the dealer sent me a long time ago expired. Finally, NYS charges tax on it. So...

1. Is there a problem with buying Audi Care from a dealer that I didn't buy the car from, in a distant state that doesn't charge tax? Will my local dealer cheerfully honor it?

3. Are there likely to be future coupons? I can wait; my next service isn't for 4 months.

Thanks.
Followup:

After my post, I searched for Audi Care prices trying to find coupons or discounts, and found this page:

2017 and newer Audi Care & Audi Care Select | Audi library

which listed Audi Care for a 2019 Q5 at $879. Great! So I went to print the page, and the price jumped to $999.

Theory: the audilibrary webmaster saw my post, realized that he hadn't updated his page, and updated it as I was browsing.

I hope that Audi isn't trying to maintain their cash flow in light of decreased sales by increasing prices. That strategy may work find for this fiscal year, but not in the long term.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Followup:

After my post, I searched for Audi Care prices trying to find coupons or discounts, and found this page:

2017 and newer Audi Care & Audi Care Select | Audi library

which listed Audi Care for a 2019 Q5 at $879. Great! So I went to print the page, and the price jumped to $999.

Theory: the audilibrary webmaster saw my post, realized that he hadn't updated his page, and updated it as I was browsing.

I hope that Audi isn't trying to maintain their cash flow in light of decreased sales by increasing prices. That strategy may work find for this fiscal year, but not in the long term.
I wouldn't read so much into it. Prices go up from time to time on most things, including service. I snoozed on the lower price, and that is more on me than Audi. Now, at $999, I need to think a bit more about the Audicare. I let a $50 coupon lapse, and would hope for a $100 coupon before I need to decide.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks.
You can definitely buy it anywhere and save the sales tax. Usually the finance/after sale person handles it. My local dealer would not discount it.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

When I leased my Sq5 last year, adding Audicare increased the residual by more than the cost of Audicare so it was free for me