AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/)
-   -   Audi Connect (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/audi-connect-2975484/)

Guvnick 07-08-2019 10:11 AM

Audi Connect

Does anybody else find this feature pretty much useless? Looking at it, it’s saying I left my sunroof open. That’s great. Why doesn’t it let me close it? Dealer told me remote start would be added later on but I’m gonna believe that when I see it.

nikv 07-09-2019 09:39 AM

It can be helpful to check if you left your car unlocked. It would be nice if i could do more things using the app.

ribeye 07-09-2019 12:04 PM

When I went on a three week cruise and left my car at a parking lot, I thought it would be good to check up on my car. But the only time it records where you are is when you stop. So if it sits there or gets towed away, you don't know. It would be nice to get an live update where your car is. I know you can do that if you think it is stolen, but why not anytime?
I was excited about it when I got the car because of the google connection. But the voice recognition is absolutely horrible. So I let the plan expire and I just pulg in my phone and use Android Auto. I just don't get how Android Auto voice commands work so well yet when you subscribe to google in Audi connect it is so horrible.

nikv 07-09-2019 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by ribeye (Post 25340466)
When I went on a three week cruise and left my car at a parking lot, I thought it would be good to check up on my car. But the only time it records where you are is when you stop. So if it sits there or gets towed away, you don't know. It would be nice to get an live update where your car is. I know you can do that if you think it is stolen, but why not anytime?
I was excited about it when I got the car because of the google connection. But the voice recognition is absolutely horrible. So I let the plan expire and I just pulg in my phone and use Android Auto. I just don't get how Android Auto voice commands work so well yet when you subscribe to google in Audi connect it is so horrible.

weird, I can actually force the app to retrieve the latest status. I had to learn it hard way. swipe to the down when in the app and force-retrieve the record. Try it and see if your car reports the correct status.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...e65f6a8af2.jpg

DC321 07-09-2019 03:12 PM

It sounded cool, but I never use the app.

I won't continue the service.

ribeye 07-10-2019 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by nikv (Post 25340495)
weird, I can actually force the app to retrieve the latest status. I had to learn it hard way. swipe to the down when in the app and force-retrieve the record. Try it and see if your car reports the correct status.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...e65f6a8af2.jpg

Do you subscribe to the service? I don't and mine does not do that.

Guvnick 07-10-2019 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by ribeye (Post 25340466)

You can check car location anytime, no?

ribeye 07-10-2019 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Guvnick (Post 25340688)
You can check car location anytime, no?

Yes, but the data was from the last time I parked the car. It will not change until I start the car and I move the car again.
If it was towed, I would not know. Someone here is able to do it on his app, but I seem not to have that feature.

But, these are the free services as I do not subscribe anymore.,

Guvnick 07-10-2019 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by ribeye (Post 25340713)
Yes, but the data was from the last time I parked the car. It will not change until I start the car and I move the car again.
If it was towed, I would not know. Someone here is able to do it on his app, but I seem not to have that feature.

But, these are the free services as I do not subscribe anymore.,

Has anybody ever moved the car on you?

ribeye 07-10-2019 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Guvnick (Post 25340716)
Has anybody ever moved the car on you?

I left my car at a hotel parking lot for thee weeks while I went to Alaska. It was one of those park and fly hotels. They don't monitor you car, you park it at your own risk. I just wanted to make sure the car was there when I got back. After a flight from Alaska to SW Florida arriving at 4:00 AM, I did not want to find my car stolen.