Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi Connect

Old 07-08-2019, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Connect

Does anybody else find this feature pretty much useless? Looking at it, itís saying I left my sunroof open. Thatís great. Why doesnít it let me close it? Dealer told me remote start would be added later on but Iím gonna believe that when I see it.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It can be helpful to check if you left your car unlocked. It would be nice if i could do more things using the app.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

When I went on a three week cruise and left my car at a parking lot, I thought it would be good to check up on my car. But the only time it records where you are is when you stop. So if it sits there or gets towed away, you don't know. It would be nice to get an live update where your car is. I know you can do that if you think it is stolen, but why not anytime?
I was excited about it when I got the car because of the google connection. But the voice recognition is absolutely horrible. So I let the plan expire and I just pulg in my phone and use Android Auto. I just don't get how Android Auto voice commands work so well yet when you subscribe to google in Audi connect it is so horrible.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ribeye View Post
When I went on a three week cruise and left my car at a parking lot, I thought it would be good to check up on my car. But the only time it records where you are is when you stop. So if it sits there or gets towed away, you don't know. It would be nice to get an live update where your car is. I know you can do that if you think it is stolen, but why not anytime?
I was excited about it when I got the car because of the google connection. But the voice recognition is absolutely horrible. So I let the plan expire and I just pulg in my phone and use Android Auto. I just don't get how Android Auto voice commands work so well yet when you subscribe to google in Audi connect it is so horrible.
weird, I can actually force the app to retrieve the latest status. I had to learn it hard way. swipe to the down when in the app and force-retrieve the record. Try it and see if your car reports the correct status.

Old 07-09-2019, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounded cool, but I never use the app.

I won't continue the service.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nikv View Post
weird, I can actually force the app to retrieve the latest status. I had to learn it hard way. swipe to the down when in the app and force-retrieve the record. Try it and see if your car reports the correct status.

Do you subscribe to the service? I don't and mine does not do that.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

You can check car location anytime, no?
Old 07-10-2019, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Guvnick View Post
You can check car location anytime, no?
Yes, but the data was from the last time I parked the car. It will not change until I start the car and I move the car again.
If it was towed, I would not know. Someone here is able to do it on his app, but I seem not to have that feature.

But, these are the free services as I do not subscribe anymore.,
Old 07-10-2019, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yes, but the data was from the last time I parked the car. It will not change until I start the car and I move the car again.
If it was towed, I would not know. Someone here is able to do it on his app, but I seem not to have that feature.

But, these are the free services as I do not subscribe anymore.,
Has anybody ever moved the car on you?
Old 07-10-2019, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Guvnick View Post
Has anybody ever moved the car on you?
I left my car at a hotel parking lot for thee weeks while I went to Alaska. It was one of those park and fly hotels. They don't monitor you car, you park it at your own risk. I just wanted to make sure the car was there when I got back. After a flight from Alaska to SW Florida arriving at 4:00 AM, I did not want to find my car stolen.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi Connect

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: