Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Audi Connect

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ribeye
I left my car at a hotel parking lot for thee weeks while I went to Alaska. It was one of those park and fly hotels. They don't monitor you car, you park it at your own risk. I just wanted to make sure the car was there when I got back. After a flight from Alaska to SW Florida arriving at 4:00 AM, I did not want to find my car stolen.
My point is, if your car has never moved from where you parked it, then how do you know that you can’t track it’s movements?
Old 07-10-2019, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Do you subscribe to the service? I don't and mine does not do that.
I let my subscription expire as well. I had to log off and login again to the app. This works with out any current subscription.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 305 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Guvnick
My point is, if your car has never moved from where you parked it, then how do you know that you can’t track it’s movements?
Because it tells me the data is from lets say 7/1/19 at 2:52PM. And there is no way to update it like another user can. From what I can figure, it just gives out the data from the last time it was shut off.
Now, maybe I am wrong but I guess there is no way to test it.
Maybe if I ever get it towed, I can check on it.

Last edited by ribeye; 07-10-2019 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by nikv
I let my subscription expire as well. I had to log off and login again to the app. This works with out any current subscription.

I just don't see anything that tells me to update my info like the picture you have. I am using the app called "My Audi". Is that the app you use? I know at one time they had another app out there.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Swipe down on your screen in the myAudi app, and the box will appear asking if you want to retrieve data from your vehicle. It will push a request to the car and retrieve updated data.
The following users liked this post:
spindlewood (07-11-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I just don't see anything that tells me to update my info like the picture you have. I am using the app called "My Audi". Is that the app you use? I know at one time they had another app out there.
yes, that is the app I use. I used to have other options available to me as well but it seems with expired subscription I can only check the car details such as fuel level, miles driven, location etc. Earlier I was able to set up alerts if my car moved from where it was. May be try re installing the app on your phone?
Old 07-11-2019, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 389 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdavidmvsr
Swipe down on your screen in the myAudi app, and the box will appear asking if you want to retrieve data from your vehicle. It will push a request to the car and retrieve updated data.
Thanks for this. Not intuitive that this is how to update your car's status, but it's great to know the functionality is there. I am glad for the few features they've added back into the free version (eg lock / unlock). I guess the competitive marketplace is helping out.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mdavidmvsr
That does nothing for me. Do you have IOS or Android. I have Android. I have played with that app for at least an hour and can not get it to update. I will try to delete the app and then reinstall it to see if that works. If you tell me you have IOS, I will put it on my wife's iPhone and see if that does it.

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 389 Likes on 276 Posts

I have android with the latest MyAudi app. With a swipe down, it does a browser-like refresh / rotating circle and then gives the message bar at the top identical to the one posted above.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by spindlewood
I have android with the latest MyAudi app. With a swipe down, it does a browser-like refresh / rotating circle and then gives the message bar at the top identical to the one posted above.
OK, tried one more time and no go.

So, I deleted the app, rebooted my phone and reinstalled, logged in and guess what??? It works

Thanks for your help.

John

Quick Reply: Audi Connect