Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Audi Connect & MyAudi Account Setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
the USAxxxxx is not the security code, that is your contract #. The contract # gets "verified" electronically (we do it at our store, register the client and set up all the wifi etc in advance for a client so its all fully functional at delivery).

Certain functions within the app require the PIN code (4 digit, user defined: You set this PIN up in the MyAudiConnect portal, and then enter into your phone when accessing certain functions
Thanks, for clarifying this.

When my salesperson registered my car, I got an email from Audi with a subject line of, "myAudi - Dealer verification process." From what the info I found from Audi's website, it sounds like the next step is to give the contract # to my salesperson so that he can 'verify' it. Once he does, I believe I should receive an email from Audi with a subject of, "Verification confirmation" - is that correct?

This whole process is unintuitive...wished the owner's manual listed the exact step-by-step process for getting this stuff activated.

In the MMI in my car, when I try to view the Audi Connect > 'User management' page, I get a message, "There is currently no user list available." The options following that are 1) "request user list manually" and 2) "cancel." If I choose to request user list manually, I see it trying to download data (spinning wheel icon) but then nothing happens. I'm guessing this is occurring because my key user hasn't been verified / associated with my car (?).
Old 01-08-2018, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Koolio
Thanks, for clarifying this.

When my salesperson registered my car, I got an email from Audi with a subject line of, "myAudi - Dealer verification process." From what the info I found from Audi's website, it sounds like the next step is to give the contract # to my salesperson so that he can 'verify' it. Once he does, I believe I should receive an email from Audi with a subject of, "Verification confirmation" - is that correct?

This whole process is unintuitive...wished the owner's manual listed the exact step-by-step process for getting this stuff activated.

In the MMI in my car, when I try to view the Audi Connect > 'User management' page, I get a message, "There is currently no user list available." The options following that are 1) "request user list manually" and 2) "cancel." If I choose to request user list manually, I see it trying to download data (spinning wheel icon) but then nothing happens. I'm guessing this is occurring because my key user hasn't been verified / associated with my car (?).
If your dealer registered you for the MyAudi Portal and set up your trial subscription, they have your contact number. If they left this up to you, then yes, you need to call the dealer and they can use that contract # (USAxxxxxxxxxx (I forget the number of characters), and then your trial subscription will go live. I advise people prior to delivery that I am handling it for them, so when they get the emails, they don't have to immediately do everything. I setup an initial password, and login credentials, and make sure AudiConnect is fully functional, including the app. From there, once they login, they can change all their login credentials to anything they want, should they wish to do so. But at least they know the day they take the car, everything works as it should.

KeyUser verification is a bit different - that is what marries the App - MMI Connect (and user of the App), to the car.

Where are you located?
Old 01-09-2018, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

If your dealer registered you for the MyAudi Portal and set up your trial subscription, they have your contact number. If they left this up to you, then yes, you need to call the dealer and they can use that contract # (USAxxxxxxxxxx (I forget the number of characters), and then your trial subscription will go live. I advise people prior to delivery that I am handling it for them, so when they get the emails, they don't have to immediately do everything. I setup an initial password, and login credentials, and make sure AudiConnect is fully functional, including the app. From there, once they login, they can change all their login credentials to anything they want, should they wish to do so. But at least they know the day they take the car, everything works as it should.

KeyUser verification is a bit different - that is what marries the App - MMI Connect (and user of the App), to the car.

Where are you located?
Thanks for explaining the process. Very helpful in confirming what I had assumed. I’m located in Boston, MA. So, my 6 month trial is active (see the expiration date when logging into myAudi website and I’m getting data from Connect in my car - weather, fuel prices, parking info, etc). However, when I view user mgt in my car, it says there are no registered users. I’m assuming it’s because I haven’t been setup as a key user?
Old 01-09-2018, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My Audi Connect trial is working in the car but not on the phone. I think that's where I need the PIN activation.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Koolio
Thanks for explaining the process. Very helpful in confirming what I had assumed. I’m located in Boston, MA. So, my 6 month trial is active (see the expiration date when logging into myAudi website and I’m getting data from Connect in my car - weather, fuel prices, parking info, etc). However, when I view user mgt in my car, it says there are no registered users. I’m assuming it’s because I haven’t been setup as a key user?
If you want to just pm me, I can walk you through doing the rest of it over the phone
Old 01-09-2018, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Boink
My Audi Connect trial is working in the car but not on the phone. I think that's where I need the PIN activation.
You mean the MMI App isn't full functioning? Certain functions within the App require the 4 digit pin that either you or your dealer setup (and will be noted on the silver/white placard in your delivery folder). For all the App functions to work requires you to be the set key user in the car.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you want to just pm me, I can walk you through doing the rest of it over the phone
Would really appreciate that. Sent you a PM. You mention the placard, I never got that or the key tag (but the salesperson did send me the key tag code...after I asked for it).
Old 01-09-2018, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You mean the MMI App isn't full functioning? Certain functions within the App require the 4 digit pin that either you or your dealer setup (and will be noted on the silver/white placard in your delivery folder). For all the App functions to work requires you to be the set key user in the car.
Well the app is sort of functioning but all of the features are not (though, again, Audi Connect is working in the car just fine). I'm going to try to get my dealer to finish the set-up. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Boink
Well the app is sort of functioning but all of the features are not (though, again, Audi Connect is working in the car just fine). I'm going to try to get my dealer to finish the set-up. Thanks.

Correct, because for the app to fully function, someone has to be setup as the Key User in the MMI. Do do that, you also need the keytag that came with the car, which has a unique code on the scratch off section. That code, once input into the MMI, it what makes someone the key user, and essentially marries the App, to the User, to the Car....so it can all fully function
Old 01-12-2018, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just wanted to say that SCarGuy was absolutely phenomenal in helping me get my key user activated and added to my SQ5. He did what my dealer / salesperson should have done and was "trying" to do over the past week. So, BIG THANKS to SCarGuy! Truly appreciate the 40 minutes you spent with me on the phone to get my Audi Connect account and key user activated.

In case if anyone else needs help on this, what needs to be done is your dealer needs your Audi Connect contract ID and verify you are the true owner of the vehicle. Once that's done, you can go to Audi Connect User Management and add your account as a key user.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect & MyAudi Account Setup