Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Audi Connect & MyAudi Account Setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Koolio
Just wanted to say that SCarGuy was absolutely phenomenal in helping me get my key user activated and added to my SQ5. He did what my dealer / salesperson should have done and was "trying" to do over the past week. So, BIG THANKS to SCarGuy! Truly appreciate the 40 minutes you spent with me on the phone to get my Audi Connect account and key user activated.

In case if anyone else needs help on this, what needs to be done is your dealer needs your Audi Connect contract ID and verify you are the true owner of the vehicle. Once that's done, you can go to Audi Connect User Management and add your account as a key user.
you're very welcome, use it well!
Old 05-06-2018, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Koolio
Thanks, for clarifying this.

When my salesperson registered my car, I got an email from Audi with a subject line of, "myAudi - Dealer verification process." From what the info I found from Audi's website, it sounds like the next step is to give the contract # to my salesperson so that he can 'verify' it. Once he does, I believe I should receive an email from Audi with a subject of, "Verification confirmation" - is that correct?

This whole process is unintuitive...wished the owner's manual listed the exact step-by-step process for getting this stuff activated.

In the MMI in my car, when I try to view the Audi Connect > 'User management' page, I get a message, "There is currently no user list available." The options following that are 1) "request user list manually" and 2) "cancel." If I choose to request user list manually, I see it trying to download data (spinning wheel icon) but then nothing happens. I'm guessing this is occurring because my key user hasn't been verified / associated with my car (?).
Saving folks a bit more time, here's what I went through & posted in the wrong sub forum of AudiWorld for my car (oops):

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-.../#post25148797

tl;dr: in your car press "log out" in MMI, then switch off the car, then go back in. Voila 'key user' field is there. Oh and username email = ALL CAPS, even if you thought it shouldn't be.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 389 Likes on 276 Posts

I just went through the exact same thing. I wish I had taken screenshots of the whole process.
It seems to me the creation of the Key User and Logging In were somewhat separate. The first time, I "successfully" created a Key User, but the log-in failed - I didn't use the 10 digit scratch off code (I didn't know about it). I chose the MMI option to log in using my PIN but it wouldn't work.

I went to myAudi and from the menu chose "Audi connect user management". Here I found an option to "Change PIN". When I changed the pin, it wiped out my Key User and I had to start all over again! But where is this PIN used anyway? Perhaps if I logout of the MMI I could log back in again using it instead of the 10 digit code.

Anyway, I re-created the Key User using my email - I didn't have the issue having to use all caps for my email.
When the MMI then took me to log in, it changed my email (User Name) to my full name which I thought was odd. But I left it alone.
Using the (newly discovered) 10 digit scratch off code, I was able to now log in.

I am truly amazed at the convoluted process, poorly named fields, and lack of documentation. It took me over an hour with trial and error (and I have a programming background).