Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Audi Drive Select Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Drive Select Suspension

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a Prestige Q5 without adaptative suspension. I seriously notice the suspension is softer when I switch to comfort mode but I don't like the engine in comfort mode. So I switch to individual mode to customize for the ride and I don't see any option for suspension (only Engine/transmission, steering wheel and ACC). I read other post and owner manual which said that only car with adaptative suspension can adjust suspension. My question is does my suspension becomes softer or I'm just being hallucinated? If the suspension is really softer, where is it in the drive mode?

Thanks
Old 10-22-2018, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

You are hallucinating. Suspension is fixed, unless you have adaptive suspension. If the suspension is not listed in the MMI where you can adjust the individual mode, then your suspension is fixed.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would not use the word hallucinating, I would call it imagining things. Your car will have the standard comfort suspension.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Just out of curiosity, there is something plugged into the top of my dampers. If they're not adjustable, any idea what that plug is?
​​​​
Old 10-24-2018, 12:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chawski
Just out of curiosity, there is something plugged into the top of my dampers. If they're not adjustable, any idea what that plug is?
​​​​
Yes, I noted when I first received my car that mine has the same. I asked a knowledgeable guy in Audi Customer Service UK and he said, "certain plugs and circuitry (not all) are included just in case the full adaptive suspension is fitted down the line.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

​​​​
Originally Posted by Peter John
Yes, I noted when I first received my car that mine has the same. I asked a knowledgeable guy in Audi Customer Service UK and he said, "certain plugs and circuitry (not all) are included just in case the full adaptive suspension is fitted down the line.
It probably makes sense to build vehicles with certain parts included in them even if they're not going to have all the options added at the time they are built.
It would cost more to change the assembly line process for every different configuration they build.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JonnyRotten
It probably makes sense to build vehicles with certain parts included in them even if they're not going to have all the options added at the time they are built.
It would cost more to change the assembly line process for every different configuration they build.
Yes that is what I was eluding to, but did not phrase it well.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Yea I guess it's why auto high beams can be turned on if not purchased new. My last car had the wire loom for fog lights even if not installed. Made adding aftermarket ones a breeze
Old 10-24-2018, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yea I guess it's why auto high beams can be turned on if not purchased new. My last car had the wire loom for fog lights even if not installed. Made adding aftermarket ones a breeze
Do you mean High Beam Assist (HBA)? If that is what you mean, that is the biggest con by Audi to make more money. It just a matter of coding. I had front and rear parking cameras fitted the other day and the guy enabled HBA for me in 2 minutes. I think Audi charged £150 at the time my car was produced. Perhaps now free depending on the country purchased in.