Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Homelink reset

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelink reset

I have a 2018 Audi SQ5 and a new Chamberlain opener with rolling codes. I managed to sync it with the opener and it works for a couple of days but then the Homelink button for some reason stops working and I have to reprogram it.

Does anyone have the same problem?
Old 09-05-2018, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by okerrebyn
I have a 2018 Audi SQ5 and a new Chamberlain opener with rolling codes. I managed to sync it with the opener and it works for a couple of days but then the Homelink button for some reason stops working and I have to reprogram it.

Does anyone have the same problem?
Yep, I have the same vehicle and opener and am having the same problem. Have not found a fix yet..
Old 09-05-2018, 11:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a 2018 Q5 (not SQ5) and Chamberlain MyQ rolling code garage openers. Been working with no resetting.

My MMY is version 0918 (yes - an older one). What are you on, maybe this is another bug?
Old 09-10-2018, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

funny as I think that happened to me too, haven't had the car long enough to be sure but I know I only programmed it by the "remote" that clips to the visor. In every other recent car of mine, I had to do 2 steps and was wondering why it didn't give me a chance to do them here or they seemed to be not needed:
1. program the visor remote to the homelink then usually
2. program the homelink to the chamberlain directly. If I recall correctly it was by pressing the button on the opener unit above, then pressing the homelink button again.

However when programming this new sq5 a few days ago, it didn't need or let me do the second step and it seemed to be working. I guess time will tell but it doesn't seem right that it didn't need the 2nd step which I thought was for the rolling codes etc.
I did it the first night but didn't press anything on the screen and it was wasn't working correctly so I cleared them all (or I think I did), and then re programmed and so far it's working fine but it's only been a day or so.

On a side note, i thought to program button 2 or 3 just as back up and it would not let me lol.

Last edited by Heat00; 09-10-2018 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Had not had to do the two step process with my 2018 Q5. Did have to do it with the C7 Corvette.

Homelink works great with my Ghost Control gate opener. Synched right up first try. Our 2017 RAM 2500 would not..
Old 09-13-2018, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting... not to jinx it but mine is still working and all I did is sync remote handheld to car and also flet lees prompts on Audi screen... hope it stays working
Old 09-14-2018, 07:05 AM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My garage opener (Craftsman/Liftmaster) has worked just fine with all our cars. GMC, VW, Jeep, BMW, Infiniti & Jaguar. Never an issue. Just worked.

Now I've got a new SQ5 Prestige Sport and I can't for the life of me, get this stupid Homelink to read the remote's signal or just work, using all the different methods I've read. Very annoying. I've got the ugly garage remote clipped to my visor the last couple of weeks since I can't make any of those Homelink buttons work.

I'm even contemplating changing the opener, just because I've considered a new, quieter one but it should still work. UGH!
Old 09-15-2018, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by C-Los
My garage opener (Craftsman/Liftmaster) has worked just fine with all our cars. GMC, VW, Jeep, BMW, Infiniti & Jaguar. Never an issue. Just worked.

Now I've got a new SQ5 Prestige Sport and I can't for the life of me, get this stupid Homelink to read the remote's signal or just work, using all the different methods I've read. Very annoying. I've got the ugly garage remote clipped to my visor the last couple of weeks since I can't make any of those Homelink buttons work.

I'm even contemplating changing the opener, just because I've considered a new, quieter one but it should still work. UGH!
It is pretty annoying getting these things to work properly lol....and every car has a different method, some require 2 step and this audi one only worked for me when i followed the on screen directions along with the pointing close to mirror etc.. that being said, so far it's been working great since.

I changed my opener recently and it's soooo much better... went to one of the new belt driven (chamberlain/liftmaster) ones and the difference in sound is worth it alone.... the belt is 10 times quieter than the chain. At the same time, just a tip depending on what you have, have them change the roller wheels. That made it 100 times quieter too. Most (around here) have metal rollers and they have replacement ones that are some other material, I don't remember if it's nylon or plastic but for like $2/each, it made a huge difference too.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:48 AM
Audiworld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Heat00
I changed my opener recently and it's soooo much better... went to one of the new belt driven (chamberlain/liftmaster) ones and the difference in sound is worth it alone.... the belt is 10 times quieter than the chain. At the same time, just a tip depending on what you have, have them change the roller wheels. That made it 100 times quieter too. Most (around here) have metal rollers and they have replacement ones that are some other material, I don't remember if it's nylon or plastic but for like $2/each, it made a huge difference too.
I'm in South Florida. I'm definitely going to have the wheels changed and I'm considering the new Liftmaster 8500 that connects directly to the shaft. No belt, chain, etc...

It's just annoying that I haven't been able to get this Audi to work. Bought my wife an Infiniti a week before my Audi. Her's took 5 seconds to program. LMAO
Old 09-15-2018, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by C-Los
I'm in South Florida. I'm definitely going to have the wheels changed and I'm considering the new Liftmaster 8500 that connects directly to the shaft. No belt, chain, etc...

It's just annoying that I haven't been able to get this Audi to work. Bought my wife an Infiniti a week before my Audi. Her's took 5 seconds to program. LMAO
cool... curious what wheels and what they cost... where is south florida are you? We’re neighbors lol... Weston here...
i haven’t seen the one connecting to shaft directly... I don’t think... I’m pretty sure mine is belt but now I’m curious about this.. direct sounds even better?

Quick Reply: Homelink reset