Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Black optics package/ midnight package

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Black optics package/ midnight package

Has anyone purchased the midnight package from your Audi dealers. If so how much did it coast?

Forums are are saying it is not a package from Audi but from dealers

thanks
Old 02-11-2018, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know what country you are in, but it's not available in the US yet. It will most likely be a part of the MY19 available options and then available as parts in the US at that time. You can order most of the EU spec parts now if you want to, but they're not cheap.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some people are getting their US dealers to paint the trim before taking delivery. That the only "midnight" packages I have seen. However you can get the OEM black trims aftermarket from someone like Tag Motorsports where I got mine. I am finally installing on Thursday as I got them back when I got my car in October.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by cmoore86
Some people are getting their US dealers to paint the trim before taking delivery. That the only "midnight" packages I have seen. However you can get the OEM black trims aftermarket from someone like Tag Motorsports where I got mine. I am finally installing on Thursday as I got them back when I got my car in October.
Wow, there are dealers willing to paint it? It's a bummer that Audi didn't release it earlier.

Which pieces did you end up ordering? The hardest piece to change would be the roof rails. Perhaps a wrap might be the best for those.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wishbone
Wow, there are dealers willing to paint it? It's a bummer that Audi didn't release it earlier.

Which pieces did you end up ordering? The hardest piece to change would be the roof rails. Perhaps a wrap might be the best for those.
Crazy enough yes. They take the trims off and have them painted. I wouldn't trust my dealer to find the paint shop though.

Actually the hardest part is the window trim. You have to remove the rear window as the trim is stuck onto the window itself. The roof rails come in a very close second to me since you have to drop the headliner to pull those. Otherwise they are pretty straightforward.
So I only got the front trims (3 grilles and lower trim) and the rear lower trim piece. I am going to wrap the window trim and roof rails.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

I actually had my window trim wrapped in gloss black last week. It came out great. Next up is the grille, and the lower trims in the front and back.

Black optics package/ midnight package-kvvqprn.jpg

Black optics package/ midnight package-gslnhdx.jpg

Black optics package/ midnight package-fnwxcsr.jpg
Old 02-12-2018, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Looks nice!
Old 02-12-2018, 02:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

wrapped trim looks great! did you do anything to the reflectors? they look smoked in that picture.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by zolo
wrapped trim looks great! did you do anything to the reflectors? they look smoked in that picture.
Yes I actually added a slight smoke tint to the reflectors so the amber wasn't so bright. Frankly I don't like the black color reflectors, nor did I want to spend $229 to purchase them!
Old 02-13-2018, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BrooklynSQ5
I actually had my window trim wrapped in gloss black last week. It came out great. Next up is the grille, and the lower trims in the front and back.

When you say wrap , do you mean vinyl wrap ?

Quick Reply: Black optics package/ midnight package