Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Car brokers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car brokers?

Has anyone tried using car brokers when buying their Q5?
I heard some people would go onto yelp and contact a few car brokers.
Tell them what you want and have them compete against each other and also against the dealer.
Pro/Cons?

Thanks

Last edited by UCDaHacker; 07-25-2017 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

They still have to go through a dealer so.....why bother?

It really does not need to be a painstaking process, or even all that time consuming
Old 07-25-2017, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
They still have to go through a dealer so.....why bother?

It really does not need to be a painstaking process, or even all that time consuming
I was thinking of contacting brokers for a quote. Use that quote against a bunch of dealers, and see if I can get the price down.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

I get that, but to what end?

All the info one could want is out there....all you're going to do for yourself is create a barage of emails and calls back and forth.

A broker has to go through a dealer....a dealer doesn't have to even want to use a broker, and many refuse to. And brokers charge fees.

The cars are out there, there is no shortage of dealers. Sounds like a headache unless you literally have 0 time to shop.

I can't tell you how many deals, locally and out of state, I do in the span of a few calls and emails. It really isn't difficult if you have a serious buyer on the other end, and a dealer with inventory
Old 07-25-2017, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by UCDaHacker
Has anyone tried using car brokers when buying their Q5?
I heard some people would go onto yelp and contact a few car brokers.
Tell them what you want and have them compete against each other and also against the dealer.
Pro/Cons?

Thanks
I assume you are buying a vehicle off the lot. I went the internet quote route on my 2017 and it worked great. I guess it also matters how many Audi dealers are in your area. I had at least 8 dealers to choose from.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy

I can't tell you how many deals, locally and out of state, I do in the span of a few calls and emails. It really isn't difficult if you have a serious buyer on the other end, and a dealer with inventory
Totally agree, once the dealers realized I was serious it was very easy to get an excellent price based on the inventory of the different dealerships.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by auntrout
Totally agree, once the dealers realized I was serious it was very easy to get an excellent price based on the inventory of the different dealerships.
I agree,

I got a price on TruCar, went to a dealer and drove the car. SA was a jerk so i worked with another dealer after getting prices from the 4 local dealers. It's not so hard.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by havery
I agree,

I got a price on TruCar, went to a dealer and drove the car. SA was a jerk so i worked with another dealer after getting prices from the 4 local dealers. It's not so hard.
I agree. Purchasing my 2017 Q5 was the easiest car purchase I ever made.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

FYI: I'm looking to order a Prestige, so I'm going to have to order it.
But wouldn't using a broker help too since they will help you get a lower quote that you can use to shop around.
I notice a lot of dealers don't want to email a quote. They want you to come in. I just want to get the best deal possible with out having too much trouble.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by UCDaHacker
FYI: I'm looking to order a Prestige, so I'm going to have to order it.
But wouldn't using a broker help too since they will help you get a lower quote that you can use to shop around.
I notice a lot of dealers don't want to email a quote. They want you to come in. I just want to get the best deal possible with out having too much trouble.
I agree - brokers aren't necessary and might not get you the best deal. The key to getting dealers to give you a quote via email is to be clear that you have know all of the specifics about your car (you've done your due diligence, taken good test drives, and know the invoice price) and are [U]going[U] to order on a set day. For example, I just ordered my Q5: I emailed 10 dealerships on a Wednesday, informed them that I am going to order this specific car on Friday (and I listed all the specs down to the color and port-installed accessories). You have 24 hours to give me your best out-the-door price. If I like your offer the best, I'll contact you Thursday evening to make arrangements to place the order on Friday. 4-5 of the dealers responded to that email with a range of offers. I approached my local dealer where I did the test drives with the best offer (I hadn't included him on the original email) and gave him an opportunity to match - he did, and I got 9% off MSRP - about $1700 under invoice.

The keys: be prepared, get dealers to compete, and show them that you're ready to act NOW. Again, not all of them will respond to an email like that but it should give you enough ammo to get a decent deal, and you won't have to deal with a broker.

Quick Reply: Car brokers?