Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

CEL went on...P0103A was the DTC

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 11:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts
Default CEL went on...P0103A was the DTC

Not long after my Q5 Prestige 10k service, check engine light went on. DTC was P0103A, which is the error code for a fault with the Mass Air Flow sensor. It stayed on for about a day while I was waiting for an appt to get a loaner. CEL was solid, not blinking, and was just running slightly rough (or maybe my imagination). It went off when I brought it to the dealer, whi gave it a check up. Not sure I under stand the work order I got back...something about finding a fault of some imesort seemingly unrelated the the MAS. Service guy said they performed a software uograde, but honestly, I think thus is,the standard line the customer is given when an issue can’t be duplicated and they have no explanation as to what triggered the error code.

After getting it back, mpg seems to have improved from an average of 24.6 to 26.7. Maybe they just spray cleaned the MAS component.

Anyways, couldn’t find any posts about this so I thought I’d throw it out there for any comments.

Loaner was a 2019 base model Q5. Quite a down grade in ride quality from my Q5 Prestige, not to mention all the missing bells and whistles that I’ve grown fond of.