Changing the Default Setting for PreSense - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Audi Q5 > Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion
Reload this Page > Changing the Default Setting for PreSense
Notices
Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Changing the Default Setting for PreSense

Old 10-11-2017, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Changing the Default Setting for PreSense

After experiencing many false alarms and instances when the car would suddenly brake very hard for no apparent reason, I decided against using the PreSense function. At the rate of one false alarm per ride, there won't be much of a brake system left. Turning off PreSense is easy enough but it will not remain off. After the car ignition is switched off and back on again, the PreSense automatically reactivates itself requiring going through the menu and manually turning it off. Does anyone have an idea as to how the PreSense can be configured to remain off even after the ignition is cut?
Old 10-11-2017, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

So you've had pre sense engage AEB for no reason? Mines never used AEB unless it's via ACC so maybe your sensors should be recalibrated. There's a way to turn it off if your read the manual.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BluemoonQ5 View Post
After experiencing many false alarms and instances when the car would suddenly brake very hard for no apparent reason, I decided against using the PreSense function. At the rate of one false alarm per ride, there won't be much of a brake system left. Turning off PreSense is easy enough but it will not remain off. After the car ignition is switched off and back on again, the PreSense automatically reactivates itself requiring going through the menu and manually turning it off. Does anyone have an idea as to how the PreSense can be configured to remain off even after the ignition is cut?
I've had one false alarm in 3K miles of driving, and haven't seen lots of reports of others having that many issues - have you brought it to your dealer to figure if there's an issue?
Old 10-11-2017, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by paperbridge View Post
I've had one false alarm in 3K miles of driving, and haven't seen lots of reports of others having that many issues - have you brought it to your dealer to figure if there's an issue?
Mines set to early, it warns me when I approach a stopped or slow car too fast, that's about it. I've never had AEB engage while going forward.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Mines set to early, it warns me when I approach a stopped or slow car too fast, that's about it. I've never had AEB engage while going forward.
It happened to me once (as I mentioned). Traveling on a road with no divider, 2 lanes per direction in the inside lane. No car in front of me for 100 yards, a car to the right/behind me in the outside lane and some oncoming traffic in the other direction. I could not figure out any reason why the car decided to brake. It's pretty jarring (physically and emotionally).
Old 10-11-2017, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

It happened to me once (as I mentioned). Traveling on a road with no divider, 2 lanes per direction in the inside lane. No car in front of me for 100 yards, a car to the right/behind me in the outside lane and some oncoming traffic in the other direction. I could not figure out any reason why the car decided to brake. It's pretty jarring (physically and emotionally).
I would be concerned too! Take the car into the dealer and have them check your sesnors. Do you have the DAP as well?
Old 10-11-2017, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

I would be concerned too! Take the car into the dealer and have them check your sesnors. Do you have the DAP as well?
I do not have DAP.
I haven't had occasion to bring it to the dealer yet (for any other reason), but when I do, I will ask about this.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

I do not have DAP.
I haven't had occasion to bring it to the dealer yet (for any other reason), but when I do, I will ask about this.
Out of curiosity did you change your tires or wheels?
Old 10-11-2017, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Out of curiosity did you change your tires or wheels?
No. P+ with nav, 19" wheels. exactly as it came from the dealer.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was wondering in the MMI for this setting of Early, Medium, or Late for presense warning - is it the actual warning time that you are adjusting or is it the actual function of the car taking over as well? I have mine on medium.

Search this Thread