Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Confused about Audi Connect and MMI Connect ?!

Old 01-25-2018, 06:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Confused about Audi Connect and MMI Connect ?!

I know Audi Connect is free for 6 month and you have to pay after that. Is this really worth it? When I bought the car, the dealer said without paying for the subscription, I will only miss traffic and weather info. Honestly, I don't care too much about them. But what else? Do I still get google map/earth navigation? destination search? and virtual cockpit?

As for MMI Connect, I use Android app. But many of its sections are not available, like all under "Vehicle" tab, Car finder under "navigation" tab. They show "The key user has not been confirmed yet". How should I set it up? I played with for the whole day but couldn't figure it out !!
Old 01-27-2018, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In order to resolve the key user issue, you need to have your dealer verify you as the owner of the car. Then you’ll be able to login to MMI with your myAudi account.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by ericguqin@gmail.com
I know Audi Connect is free for 6 month and you have to pay after that. Is this really worth it? When I bought the car, the dealer said without paying for the subscription, I will only miss traffic and weather info. Honestly, I don't care too much about them. But what else? Do I still get google map/earth navigation? destination search? and virtual cockpit?

As for MMI Connect, I use Android app. But many of its sections are not available, like all under "Vehicle" tab, Car finder under "navigation" tab. They show "The key user has not been confirmed yet". How should I set it up? I played with for the whole day but couldn't figure it out !!
If you let the subscription lapse, you will lose:

Find your way
  • Google Earth™
  • Google Voice Search™
  • myAudi Destinations5
  • Over-the-Air Map Data Updates
  • Traffic Information with Route Guidance
Stay Informed
  • Fuel Prices
  • Travel Info
  • Parking Information
  • Audi Music Stream
  • Internet Radio
  • Twitter®
Peace of mind1, 19
  • Geofencing
  • Speed Alert14
  • Valet Alert14
  • Curfew Alert14
  • Car Finder15
  • Remote Lock/Unlock
  • Vehicle Status Reports1, 13
As we as your incar Wifi

You'll still have Virtual Cockpit and Navigation.

For the app, as mentioned above, your dealer should have set that up for you at delivery
Old 01-30-2018, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

What you lose depends on your location. Canada only gets the last section (Peace of mind). We do not have access to find your way, stay informed or in car wifi.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know...I have both, and never use either (car based system or the phone app).

It's becoming harder and harder to justify these systems and their supposed advantages when you have any modern smartphone at your disposal...

My $.02
Old 01-30-2018, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm having an issue with setting up Audi Connect. Who/how/where does the USAxxxxxxxx number come from? That seems to be where I'm stuck and my dealer doesn't seem to know either.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

My BMW has "Connect Drive" which is loaded with silly features as well (Google browser that is impossible to enter data through the I-drive jog wheel, weather, etc). Two things they have that Audi should have:
1) Traffic on the Nav. Heck, even the radio version that Garmin, Tom Tom, etc use would be fine.
2) Ability to share google map location with the vehicle. That is the most useful feature.

The rest is useless, and I agree, your phone does it better/faster.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by augerpro
I'm having an issue with setting up Audi Connect. Who/how/where does the USAxxxxxxxx number come from? That seems to be where I'm stuck and my dealer doesn't seem to know either.
I believe that's the 10 digit alpha-numeric code that was on a tag tied to your key fob when you took delivery.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Wires
I believe that's the 10 digit alpha-numeric code that was on a tag tied to your key fob when you took delivery.
That number didn't start with USA on mine?
Old 01-30-2018, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hmmm.. good point. You could enter it. If it's wrong, the system will reject it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Confused about Audi Connect and MMI Connect ?!