Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Customer Reviews for Q5/SQ5 Stealth Hitch!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 01:17 PM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Customer Reviews for Q5/SQ5 Stealth Hitch!!!

Greetings Q5/SQ5 MKII!

We will be posting Q5/SQ5 customer reviews for our hitch with photos and insights to our product! We hope you all find this to be a helpful resource. Feel free to respond to the thread with any questions you may have as we would love to assist you. You may also contact us via live chat on our website https://stealthhitches.com/ calling us toll-free at 833-MYHITCH (694-4824) or emailing info@stealthhitches.com. These reviews can be found on our website as well!

Enjoy!
Stealth Hitches
Old 06-30-2018, 01:18 PM
Former Vendor

Default Starting it Off with Our First Audi Review from Jeffrey C. for the Q5/SQ5!

"Extremely well designed invisible hitch system

This hitch preserves the original look of the car, doesn’t have any visible cutting to fascia, and a third party hitch installer had no problems with it. The instructions provided were very detailed, with all tools required and photos of the entire process. I was very impressed with how solid and well engineered the hitch and removable receiver are. Very little play in the system. Overall, a quality product that I highly recommend..."

Thank you, Jeffrey C.!
Old 06-30-2018, 01:40 PM
Former Vendor

Default First Audi Review with PHOTOS from Steve B. for the Q5/SQ5!

"Nice, well made product--- too bad it's hidden! (but, that's the idea)

Very well made hitch! Every bit as good as a factory hitch if not more so, especially when taking into consideration the idea of it not being visible when not in use---truly stealth! Installation is straightforward enough with the universal wiring harness, no coding needed, or interference with the CANBUS system of the car."

The first photo from below the vehicle shows our stainless-steel latch block. The second photo shows the ball mount inserted into the latch block. The third is a lower view of the bumper with our Stealth Hitch installed and the two accessories detached below.

Great photos and review. Thank you, Steve B.!

Last edited by StealthHitches; 06-30-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-30-2018, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor

Default Self-Install Review from Jeff E.!

"2018 Audi SQ5

The Stealth Hitch is perfect for my use. Did the install myself and the fit is perfect."

This photo shows our rack connector inserted into the Stealth Hitch.

Thank you, Jeff E.!
The following users liked this post:
Karl5772 (10-20-2019)
Old 06-30-2018, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor

Default David B. with Self-Install Photos for Q5/SQ5!

"Phenomenal piece of Engineering

I couldn't be more pleased. I had a couple of minor questions regarding the installation instructions and Steve was incredibly responsive and insightful. The hitch is a major improvement over the factory beam in terms of engineering and build quality. I offered a couple of suggestions regarding the installation instructions and he said they would address those areas shortly. Awesome stuff."

The first photo shows the Stealth Hitch installed with the bumper removed. The second photo shows the Stealth Hitch installed with the bumper reinstalled.

Great “behind the bumper” photo and review! We appreciate constructive feedback!

Thank you, David B.!
Old 06-30-2018, 01:47 PM
Former Vendor

Default Q5/SQ5 Review with Photos from Thiel R.!

"Fantastic Hitch! Easy to install!!

I did many hours of research on what hitch I wanted to install on my 2018 Audi Q5. I was playing with the idea of the Factory installed hitch, but it was nearly impossible to find a vehicle with the options I wanted including the hitch. Once I read all the information about hitches, I was sold on the idea of a "Stealth" hitch. One that is invisible when not being used that preserved the look of my Audi. After contacting Stealth Hitches and getting all my questions answered I pulled the trigger and purchased. I was going to hire a professional to install it but the lead time was too long, I decided to install it myself. Installation went without a hitch (pun intended)! It was easy and straightforward. The instructions were easy to follow. I am so satisfied with this Purchase! Would recommend it to anyone that is looking for one! Thanks Stealth Hitch for making such an awesome product."

The first photo shows an up-close view of our stainless-steel latch block. The next two photos show our rack connector inserted into the Stealth Hitch.

Awesome review and pictures. Thank you, Thiel R.!
Old 06-30-2018, 01:48 PM
Former Vendor

Default Anonymous Review for Q5/SQ5 Stealth Hitch

"Does what was promised.

Works exactly as promised and cost less than $200 to get installed."
Old 06-30-2018, 01:59 PM
Former Vendor

Default Anonymous Review for Q5/SQ5 Stealth Hitch with Photos

"Fantastic Experience from Start to Finish.

Prior to purchasing my Stealth Hitch, I performed a lot of research online and otherwise to what other companies were offering in terms of the quality of their hitch, as well as how they stand behind their product. It didn't take long to make a decision, and receiving said hitch only validated my assumptions. The hitch assembly is SOLID, the specs are spot-on, meaning you are going have no problems with fitment. The coupling assembly, made of stainless steel and a work of art in itself, is a testament to the pride this company has in its products. The company is based in the U.S., meaning you get a fast reply to any questions you may have, and I mean any. Judging by the questions I had asked, they know their product, and know it well. They also back their product with an excellent warranty, so no worries in that regard. I could go on, but I think I have made my point. I must add the fact that there are many offerings for this products from other assorted manufacturers, and in some cases, they cost less. But it is all a matter of perspective when you think about it. The OEM hitch for my vehicle, in sole opinion, is inferior in quality to this one, yet costs at least twice as much. And finally, one must look no further than the very thing they may be towing. Do you really want to take the roll of the dice? Peace of mind is priceless."

The first photo shows the Stealth Hitch installed with the bumper removed. The next photo is a close-up of our stainless-steel latch block. The last photo shows the rack connector inserted into the Stealth Hitch.

Very informative and positive review, thank you!!
Old 06-30-2018, 02:03 PM
Former Vendor

Default John S. from the US

"Highest Quality and Hidden!
My Stealth Hitch is for a 2018 Audi SQ5. This is the fourth hitch that I've installed, one factory (Volvo) and two aftermarket (Mercedes and another Volvo). The Stealth Hitch is the highest quality of them all, from it's welds and finish, to the solid stainless steel latching mechanism. I will install the hitch later this Spring. The directions are both clear and straightforward; the only real challenge will be removing/reinstalling body panels. Besides the hidden feature, a great advantage of this hitch (at least for the Audi) is that no panel trimming is required, which means that it's completely reversible. In summary: a innovative design, well executed, for about half of the cost of the factory hitch."

These photos show our Stealth Hitch and packaging pre-installation for the SQ5.

Thank you for another great review, John S.!
Old 06-30-2018, 02:05 PM
Former Vendor

Default Frances S. from the US

"Stealth Hitch for the 2015 Audi SQ5
Hitch arrived packaged nicely. Even though I personally did not need the instructions they were well written and contained detailed pictures and a list of every size and type of tool that is needed to install the hitch. Install took a little less than and hour and the fit was perfect. Way higher quality than the OEM hitch and is not unsitely when not being used. Thank you Stealth Hitch!!!"

Thank you, Frances S. for an awesome review!

Quick Reply: Customer Reviews for Q5/SQ5 Stealth Hitch!!!