Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Dare I get excited?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My SA texted me on Tuesday that my Q5 was put on boat headed to RI. Production was completed on September 1. Can’t remember how to track it but at least it is on its way.

Originally Posted by cakasky
Ha Ha! If it means anything I do know on 8/28/17 my order was altered to go via rail through Houston versus Ship to Rhode Island and mine will be heading into Ohio for its final destination.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifeski
My SA texted me on Tuesday that my Q5 was put on boat headed to RI. Production was completed on September 1. Can’t remember how to track it but at least it is on its way.
Awesome, so it took 18 days to drive 2.5 hours from the factory to the Veracruz port. Nice!

My best guess is that yours might be on the Athens Highway.

Congrats for getting farther along in the process...wish I could say the same.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Same Boat?

Originally Posted by Lifeski

So my SA told me my car was done production on 9/8 and ship departure on 9/15. Also coming to Davisville and eventually to Westwood. Prestige Q5 with DAP, Cold, Warm and Audi Guard. Might our cars be on the same boat?
Old 09-23-2017, 07:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Sngtrkwr
So my SA told me my car was done production on 9/8 and ship departure on 9/15. Also coming to Davisville and eventually to Westwood. Prestige Q5 with DAP, Cold, Warm and Audi Guard. Might our cars be on the same boat?
If your car was departed port 9/15 it is likely on the Splendid Ace which is in Davisville unloading right now.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Sngtrkwr
Received production complete email from Audi on 9/4/17 with corresponding info on dealer site. Emailed SA today who said car still in Mexico waiting on a ship to Davisville. Mid-October delivery, but "it can always change." Only for the worse, I assume, ha.

What an opaque process. Would love to know why some sail through relatively quickly and others lag, especially having been produced.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mida
Received production complete email from Audi on 9/4/17 with corresponding info on dealer site. Emailed SA today who said car still in Mexico waiting on a ship to Davisville. Mid-October delivery, but "it can always change." Only for the worse, I assume, ha.

What an opaque process. Would love to know why some sail through relatively quickly and others lag, especially having been produced.
Do you have any port installed options? I too would love to know why some cars get built ahead of others????
Old 09-23-2017, 11:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Zero port installed options.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Do you have any port installed options? I too would love to know why some cars get built ahead of others????
My car was stuck at port for almost 2 weeks. I did have some port installed options (cargo cover, Audi beam lights, wheel locks), but they thought it should have only been at port for a couple of days. Someone on this forum had advised to not get port installed options and to buy them afterwards (cheaper and quicker).
Old 09-23-2017, 03:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Are the port installed options done at the departure port or the arrival port? And why do they do port installed options anyway and not just install them on the assembly line? Seems like it would be more efficient to install the hitch , beam lights, etc. as the car is assembled? Just some random thoughts, I know probably wrong thread.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by plumber212
Are the port installed options done at the departure port or the arrival port? And why do they do port installed options anyway and not just install them on the assembly line? Seems like it would be more efficient to install the hitch , beam lights, etc. as the car is assembled? Just some random thoughts, I know probably wrong thread.
I think it’s arrival port. As to why not do these things at the factory, I have no clue. I kind of agree the trailer hitch might qualify more as a factory install option. The others can really be done yourself or by the dealer or at the port. My two cent do it yourself and save some money.

Quick Reply: Dare I get excited?