Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Dare I get excited?

Old 10-17-2017, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations -- I've been loving mine, tho' not driving it much (awaiting bra/tint next week).
Old 10-17-2017, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NeedMoreHP
Now just go get a clear bra and give it up for a week or so. I picked mine up two weeks ago, drove it to the clear bra place and I’m out of town waiting to get back... brutal waiting for it
Very brutal! Tinting 3M ceramic for the driver/passenger front windows at 40% is scheduled for this Friday. Clearbra the full front, mirrors, a-pillar, and strip above the front windshield for $1600. Also G-Teqnique ceramic clear coat over the whole car and wheels. This is scheduled for next Monday morning until Wednesday. The only issue is I have to drive a few 100 miles to drop it off. Worth it though IMO. Thanks.

Originally Posted by ifeldman
Congratulation! Finally! Cant wait to see the undressed pictures and your reaction to actually drive it!
Me too! Thanks I will certainly post in a new thread some pictures and all. Initial pictures from my SA with the High Gloss Gray inlay and Nougat Brown already looks ultra sweet!

Originally Posted by paperbridge
All right! Congratulations! Hope you enjoy it.
Thanks bud, from everyone else’s reactions I’m certain I will.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Thad49
Congratulations -- I've been loving mine, tho' not driving it much (awaiting bra/tint next week).
Yeah I was warned not to enjoy my car too much over the weekend. That might be tougher than having to wait for it! It’s like getting a super sweet toy and all you can do is look at it. Great opportunity to play with the Vag Com I suppose.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cakasky
Yeah I was warned not to enjoy my car too much over the weekend. That might be tougher than having to wait for it! It’s like getting a super sweet toy and all you can do is look at it. Great opportunity to play with the Vag Com I suppose.
Yay @cakasky! Finally!! Enjoy your new drive
Old 10-17-2017, 08:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I’m officially excited and scheduled to pick up my brand new Audi Q5 this Thursday afternoon!

==========
2017: Comm # NN4320
5.23 I ordered a Audi Q5 Prestige with all the trimmings (see here)

10.17 Arrived at the dealership around 3 pm eastern!
==========

Thank you all for the kind words and especially sharing your experiences that honestly has been the only thing that has kept me sane and patient.
Congratulations! Thank you for the great information during your agonizing wait. Glad that you can take final possession soon.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! I know it has been a long time coming for you. I now have 1200 miles on mine and love everything about it so far. I was worried about moving from a Highlander to the Q5 as far as size goes but it does not feel small at all since it has power and is so quiet inside (well as quiet as it can be over the B/O sound system blaring something) Enjoy!
Old 10-18-2017, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks all! ...and your welcome for sharing. I figure others have shared to help keep my sanity in check and therefore it's good to give back too.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks all! ...and your welcome for sharing. I figure others have shared to help keep my sanity in check and therefore it's good to give back too.
Wow, Congratulations. I am glad to hear it finally came in. I could not believe how long you had to wait for it to get here. I can't wait to see the pictures after all the protection is applied.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Thad49
Newer than newest, 10/2: Today vehicle disappeared from dealer website (heart attack), but SA says it's there and could be ready for pickup tomorrow morning! (There were no emails from Audi after "Your Audi SQ5 is nearly ready for delivery...Your Audi SQ5 has arrived in the United States.")
Mine disappeared from the dealer website today. So that's a promising sign, correct? Eta as of last week has been 10/24-10/30.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

‘‘Twas good news. Mine arrived today. Having it delivered Monday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dare I get excited?