Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Dare I get excited?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifeski
Mine is a Q5 Prestige. I received the in production on August 31 and production complete on Sept 1. It showed up on the dealers website on Sepember 1 and is still there as coming soon. I got soon without a price.
After it arrives at the port, they will generate an MSRP. Thats when there will be a price on the dealer's page. I was told when its picked up at port by the carrier, they will show an invoice number. Mine had the invoice number the day after it arrived at the dealer. I dont think the coming soon ever went away for mine.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

looks like mother nature is throwing earthquakes into the mix too. Let's hope that everything is okay down there. Just terrible news
Old 09-08-2017, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Thad49
Ditto 9/1 automated "Your Audi SQ5 has gone into production." Ordered 5/23; original production week 3017 with "Production Complete 07/28/2017(ETA)" and "Dealer Delivery 08/23/2017-09/20/2017(ETA)".

As of 8/28 it changed to "Production Complete 08/09/2017(ETA)."

FWIW, AudiUSA yesterday confirmed "It's in production; but is being held up due to 20" wheel/tire availability."

NOT on dealer website (as of, oh 15 seconds ago).

Also, AudiUSA says this 20" issue is within the range of normal production delays, and AudiUSA is doing nothing to compensate the customers -- said any such would have to come from the dealership itself.
To this day I too am getting the same song and dance!
Old 09-08-2017, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Depression, cont'd

Updated printout as of today says it's still in the factory, but "Dealer Delivery 09/01/2017-09/29/2017(ETA)"

So it has NOT left the factory, but it's estimated that it MIGHT have been sitting at the dealer for the last week -- SQ5=StealthQ5?

I think even I could keep a better database than Audi's, one that knows the difference between dates past and dates future.

Sigh!
Old 09-08-2017, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Talked to my SA today and the shipped date is now red but apparently a ship is waiting to be loaded. I assume between hurricanes and earthquakes they are being precautious. No vehicle is worth someone’s safety so I am ok with that. At this point I can’t pick mine up until October 6 anyway so I am just hoping it is here by then. Mexico-Rhode Island-then onto a truck to Virginia.

Originally Posted by ifeldman
After it arrives at the port, they will generate an MSRP. Thats when there will be a price on the dealer's page. I was told when its picked up at port by the carrier, they will show an invoice number. Mine had the invoice number the day after it arrived at the dealer. I dont think the coming soon ever went away for mine.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lifeski
Talked to my SA today and the shipped date is now red but apparently a ship is waiting to be loaded. I assume between hurricanes and earthquakes they are being precautious. No vehicle is worth someone’s safety so I am ok with that. At this point I can’t pick mine up until October 6 anyway so I am just hoping it is here by then. Mexico-Rhode Island-then onto a truck to Virginia.
I have 4 red ETA dates all the way to the Released to Carrier date being Red.

So I am starting to discuss finding a similar vehicle elsewhere for a dealer trade. Has anyone done this and any recommendations/ things to look out for?
Old 09-09-2017, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Lessening depression

Background: Ordered 5/23; original "production week 3017".

Audi email "Your Audi SQ5 is scheduled to be built" was received 9/1/17 (after all the wheels-on-hold delays).

Showed up on dealers website this morning 9/9/17 as "Available soon", has VIN, but no MSRP or stock #.

I'm hoping for havery's guess of 30 days left.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Background: Ordered 5/23; original "production week 3017".

Audi email "Your Audi SQ5 is scheduled to be built" was received 9/1/17 (after all the wheels-on-hold delays).

Showed up on dealers website this morning 9/9/17 as "Available soon", has VIN, but no MSRP or stock #.

I'm hoping for havery's guess of 30 days left.
No way! That is flipping awesome!

Being production week 3017, I'm a bit hopeful for myself next week then being production week 3117.

So is your SQ5 going via rail or ship now?
Old 09-09-2017, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cakasky
So is your SQ5 going via rail or ship now?

I didn't look up havery's "normal" transport experience/methods to Denver. With Ma Nature involved in Mexico and TX, I'm even less sure.

Actually, I see I just now got the next email "Your Audi SQ5 is leaving Germany soon" so it MUST be by boat. JOKE! JOKE! JOKE! Please don't restart the what-country flames!!!

Last edited by Thad49; 09-09-2017 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

I didn't look up havery's "normal" transport experience/methods to Denver. With Ma Nature involved in Mexico and TX, I'm even less sure.

Actually, I see I just now got the next email "Your Audi SQ5 is leaving Germany soon" so it MUST be by boat. JOKE! JOKE! JOKE! Please don't restart the what-country flames!!!

Ha Ha! If it means anything I do know on 8/28/17 my order was altered to go via rail through Houston versus Ship to Rhode Island and mine will be heading into Ohio for its final destination.

Quick Reply: Dare I get excited?