Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

different fake exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the look of this too. Hope my SQ5 on order comes with this style of fake exhaust
Old 01-20-2018, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just took a closer look at mine and I have the same mesh style. So, we know VINs starting in 210xxxx have this new style.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Imola wagon
I will let know tomorrow. Picking it up tomorrow.
I’d love to see a pic of your car / color when you get it. Interested in seeing what moonlight blue looks like.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Koolio
I’d love to see a pic of your car / color when you get it. Interested in seeing what moonlight blue looks like.
I pick up mine supposedly this week this as well with same color. Will post a pic as well. Will look dirty as I told them no prep. Taking it to get wrapped and ceramic to Phil at Detailers Domain in NJ.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Wolfepack88
I pick up mine supposedly this week this as well with same color. Will post a pic as well. Will look dirty as I told them no prep. Taking it to get wrapped and ceramic to Phil at Detailers Domain in NJ.

Though I am on the west coast side. Phil is awesome. I buy all my stuff from him.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Imola wagon
I will let know tomorrow. Picking it up tomorrow.
The vin start 209xxxx
Old 01-22-2018, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by 2018_SQ5
I like the look of this too. Hope my SQ5 on order comes with this style of fake exhaust
It will, as every SQ5 after mid-November 2017 production has this updated insert in the rear bumper.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So my exhaust is the original blank plate. Anyone tried removing this plate yet? I'm not the primary driver of my SQ5, so I don't get a chance to mess with it that much, but I would think that the blank can be taken off so that there is no black plastic blocking the "exhaust" holes. The RS model cars iirc have exhausts have this "feature", where the pipes end before the outer exhaust trim. If the plate can be removed from just the area covering the exhaust holes, you would have the same exhaust setup as a RS model (albiet with the tailpipe facing downwards instead of towards the rear)...and I don't hear about people whinning about the fake RS exhaust, so it must be acceptable. If the plate isn't removable from just the desired area, I might have to just rotozip it out.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love all the complaining about these fake exhausts. It's amazing to me how nobody seems to understand the design reasoning: the future of Audi is electric-- electric cars won't have exhausts. This is a design choice as a throw-forward to the future...it's quite clever IMO.

As an aside, the other day, I was cleaning out old mk6 Golf R parts in my closet. I found the scrub brush I used to clean those damn tail pipes... I don't miss cleaning those at all!
Old 01-24-2018, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by agarcnyc
I love all the complaining about these fake exhausts. It's amazing to me how nobody seems to understand the design reasoning: the future of Audi is electric-- electric cars won't have exhausts. This is a design choice as a throw-forward to the future...it's quite clever IMO.

As an aside, the other day, I was cleaning out old mk6 Golf R parts in my closet. I found the scrub brush I used to clean those damn tail pipes... I don't miss cleaning those at all!

No complaints here. But I'm all for a cosmetic change that I personally find appealing.

Quick Reply: different fake exhaust