Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Is the Disposition fee negotiable?

 
Old 07-12-2019, 12:03 PM
  #1  
AudiWorld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Sherman Oaks (Los Angeles) CA
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the Disposition fee negotiable?

I am wondering if the "disposition fee" or the amount they charge you if you return the vehicle, can be reduced? I am being told that the disposition fee is $495 on the 2019 Q5 Prestige. Anybody seen something different? Thank you.
XLDB is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 12:15 PM
  #2  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 2,566
Likes: 0
Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Default

it's the same fee on every car beginning January 2018; it's non negotiable. If you get another Audi, it's waived.

Every brand has this in one form or another, some more, some less $
SCarGuy is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 06:04 PM
  #3  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 934
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

I have leased 5 Audis in a row and never paid the disposition fee
Omeletpants is online now  
Old 07-13-2019, 11:35 AM
  #4  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Mister Bally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Detroit, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,845
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Omeletpants View Post
I have leased 5 Audis in a row and never paid the disposition fee
Correct, but if you say you're not leasing another Audi, VW, Porsche or possibly another dealer affiliated brand, you'll likely be on the hook. Another way out is to buy the vehicle at the end of the lease. In that case, if went over your mileage limit, you would not have to pay for that either.
Mister Bally is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 11:36 AM
  #5  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 2,566
Likes: 0
Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mister Bally View Post
Correct, but if you say you're not leasing another Audi, VW, Porsche or possibly another dealer affiliated brand, you'll likely be on the hook. Another way out is to buy the vehicle at the end of the lease. In that case, if went over your mileage limit, you would not have to pay for that either.
true, but then you have to look at how much you're overpaying for the car vs market rate - the fees are likely a lower number
SCarGuy is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 01:14 PM
  #6  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Mister Bally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Detroit, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,845
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SCarGuy View Post
true, but then you have to look at how much you're overpaying for the car vs market rate - the fees are likely a lower number
I agree with you and never suggested differently. I know most people who decide to step off of the leasing merry-go-round and get a different brand or no car despise paying another $500.00 to walk out without a set of wheels.

Twenty+ years ago a guy I worked with was talked into leasing by a neighbor who worked for Cadillac. He loved the car and the dealer & salesperson were his new found pals. This was until the lease was up. To lease a comparable vehicle required substantially higher payments. He said screw it and was going to drive a spare vehicle he had for awhile. When he went to turn in the vehicle and could not be persuaded into another dealership vehicle; the music stopped.

His turn-in was scrutinized and required $1700.00 worth of repairs "beyond normal wear & tear". He had to write a check for $1700.00 to get rid of the vehicle.

The icing on the cake was how he recalled the dealership sent a driver in a Cadillac to his home to pick him up when he was taking delivery of the car. It was a "courtesy shuttle" he was told. After turning in the car he asked for a ride home in the courtesy shuttle since his wife was out of town. The now former best friend sales guy pointed to a pay phone in the service department and suggested he call a cab.

He said he will never put himself in that position again.
Mister Bally is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 01:47 PM
  #7  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 2,566
Likes: 0
Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mister Bally View Post
I agree with you and never suggested differently. I know most people who decide to step off of the leasing merry-go-round and get a different brand or no car despise paying another $500.00 to walk out without a set of wheels.

Twenty+ years ago a guy I worked with was talked into leasing by a neighbor who worked for Cadillac. He loved the car and the dealer & salesperson were his new found pals. This was until the lease was up. To lease a comparable vehicle required substantially higher payments. He said screw it and was going to drive a spare vehicle he had for awhile. When he went to turn in the vehicle and could not be persuaded into another dealership vehicle; the music stopped.

His turn-in was scrutinized and required $1700.00 worth of repairs "beyond normal wear & tear". He had to write a check for $1700.00 to get rid of the vehicle.

The icing on the cake was how he recalled the dealership sent a driver in a Cadillac to his home to pick him up when he was taking delivery of the car. It was a "courtesy shuttle" he was told. After turning in the car he asked for a ride home in the courtesy shuttle since his wife was out of town. The now former best friend sales guy pointed to a pay phone in the service department and suggested he call a cab.

He said he will never put himself in that position again.
Sounds like an awful experience
I canít wait to be able to lease again once my driving changes. Iíve done it across many brands, and while the cars were varied from ďI love thisĒ to ďthis was a huge mistakeĒ, it taught me that when it suits my circumstances, lease works best for me. Ownership has had zero upside as Iím not at the level where I can buy truly appreciating value cars, barrier to entry is too much money...and Iíve stupidly sold the cars that eventually went up long before they hit their peak (they were just cool cars, to me, not something I thought would be truly sought after)
SCarGuy is offline  
Old 07-15-2019, 10:49 AM
  #8  
AudiWorld Member
 
ribeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: South West Florida
Posts: 293
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

When your buying a car, everything is negotiable. The dealer might not get a break on it but they will just give you less of a discount somewhere else. To me, bottom line price has always what I shop for.
ribeye is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Pedmaster
Audi Original "S" Cars
3
06-20-2006 10:56 AM
i5dude
Quattro: Turbo / Ur / Sport
6
11-06-2003 07:18 PM
Levent
TT (Mk1) Discussion
0
09-06-2002 12:36 PM
Totalled SuperChargeA4
A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
0
03-31-2001 11:25 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is the Disposition fee negotiable?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: