AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/)
-   -   Does anyone make an aftermarket Air Suspension kit for the 2018 SQ5? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/does-anyone-make-aftermarket-air-suspension-kit-2018-sq5-2953353/)

AtomicVette 07-13-2018 03:16 PM

Does anyone make an aftermarket Air Suspension kit for the 2018 SQ5?

Been looking online a little bit and searching forums. Haven't found any kits yet. You guys know of anyone making them in/for the US market?

KaDeTime 07-13-2018 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by AtomicVette (Post 25179443)
Been looking online a little bit and searching forums. Haven't found any kits yet. You guys know of anyone making them in/for the US market?

Just curious why not the OEM? Or have you purchased one without and looking to upgrade? If this is the case my guess it would be easier and cheaper to trade in the current one and get the S Sport with air ride. You will have perfect support as design by Audi and factory warranty.

AtomicVette 07-13-2018 03:57 PM

Correct, we already have one without sport suspension.

KaDeTime 07-13-2018 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by AtomicVette (Post 25179461)
Correct, we already have one without sport suspension.

Something to consider for me I found the option useless and I could potentially regret going that road as maintenance is definitely more expensive then springs. Unless you find ur self really needing the extra clearance sometime I think you are better without. Now if you really need/want it I would go back to recommend the trade in as that would be the cheapest and most reliable option.

Thats is just my 0.02

AtomicVette 07-20-2018 12:48 PM

Who do you guys recommend for lowering springs then?

Jester7677 07-21-2018 01:08 AM

Opposite view point... the air suspension is one of the greatest features of the SQ5. I use the Auto setting on it most times and it keeps the ride really smooth during normal driving (not quite the comfort setting) and adjusts to handle the turns on it’s own, better than my past S4’s. When I take it to the State parks I use Allroad for the clearance (and I’ve seen people snag rocks against their frames on their normal cars). When I go on long highway rides I use comfort.

i don’t need lane assist, ACC or a HUD, but this is a must have for me. I also run 21’s and wouldn’t know it from the ride.

KaDeTime 07-21-2018 07:58 PM

I must admit yesterday was the first time I used the air ride for anything different then just to play with it. I was driving in a huge storm few cars hydro plated I started with the lowest seating as I normally have for air dynamics on highway. The ride was extremely noisy I then realized I have air suspension and went to allroad seating as I was just doing around 50mph and all the noise was gone. Drive was way more comfortable and going through some high water without a problem.

From that moment I love the air suspension

Jester7677 07-22-2018 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by KaDeTime (Post 25183583)
I must admit yesterday was the first time I used the air ride for anything different then just to play with it. I was driving in a huge storm few cars hydro plated I started with the lowest seating as I normally have for air dynamics on highway. The ride was extremely noisy I then realized I have air suspension and went to allroad seating as I was just doing around 50mph and all the noise was gone. Drive was way more comfortable and going through some high water without a problem.

From that moment I love the air suspension

When I drive into Boston, I put it in Allroad. It has more uses than you give it credit for.

KaDeTime 07-22-2018 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jester7677 (Post 25183701)
When I drive into Boston, I put it in Allroad. It has more uses than you give it credit for.

i'm sure it does, never stated that is the only use