Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Footwell lighting not turning on

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 03:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Footwell lighting not turning on

Hey all,

I just noticed that on my 2018 sq5 the footwell lighting does not turn on for the front driver and passenger side when I open the door.

I noticed it first by adjusting my ambient lighting. Any help would be great!

Old 10-29-2021, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 140 Likes on 97 Posts

You can control each type of ambient lighting in the MMI(Front, Door and Footwell). Check to see if the footwell lights are actually turned on, in my 2018 the footwell lights were set to off.

To change this go into the interior light settings in the MMI and when you are on the dimmer menu hit the right virtual button on the mmi control pad. This will allow you to adjust individual light groups.
Menu->Vehicle->Vehicle settings->interior lighting->Right Virtual Button
Old 10-29-2021, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the info,

question what is the virtual right button?
Old 10-29-2021, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 140 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo607
Thanks for the info,

question what is the virtual right button?
On the trackpad/touch pad there are two buttons, one on the left and one on the right in the middle of the pad. They correspond to "buttons" on screen. The one on the right side brings up submenus, like right clicking on a computer mouse. They actually get brighter when active and dim when inactive

Old 10-29-2021, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

No luck tried that method, turned to the browser setting for the footwell nothing in the front.

I have the ambient lighting on the SQ5, there the contour white, marine blue and the red does not give me the option to toggle the brightness.

only the Audi select and individual setting does. Where I did go to I did usual setting and played with the footwell brightness nothing.

Opened my car door when parked still nothing.

planning on bringing it to service.

thanks for ur suggestion though
Old 10-30-2021, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Figured it out. The wire was not connected on the driver side. Therefore the driver and passenger side was not turning on.

probably some guy forgot to plug the wire back in during my last service.

saved myself a trip!
Old 11-02-2021, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo607
No luck tried that method, turned to the browser setting for the footwell nothing in the front.

I have the ambient lighting on the SQ5, there the contour white, marine blue and the red does not give me the option to toggle the brightness.

only the Audi select and individual setting does. Where I did go to I did usual setting and played with the footwell brightness nothing.

Opened my car door when parked still nothing.

planning on bringing it to service.

thanks for ur suggestion though
Glad you posted because I had the exact same menu experience when trying to set up my footwell lighting - I could only access it through the "individual" setting and from there, the right side virtual button. So weird the way this works...and then if you select blue or white from the previous menu, the surface and footwell lights go out completely. I wonder if there is or will be a programming update for this.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Benzie
Glad you posted because I had the exact same menu experience when trying to set up my footwell lighting - I could only access it through the "individual" setting and from there, the right side virtual button. So weird the way this works...and then if you select blue or white from the previous menu, the surface and footwell lights go out completely. I wonder if there is or will be a programming update for this.
i doubt it. I saw videos when the guy is in the same car with ambient lighting, and they have the plus sign on the right hand said with the three default colors. So I am not sure if it’s just US thing?