Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Happy new-SQ5 orderer

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy new-SQ5 orderer

With the help of many great posts here, I decided to treat myself to a 2018 SQ5 as my first Audi. As me and my crappy driving age, I wanted a car that had more driving smarts than I did. Chose a Prestige with Matador Red & Rotor Gray, and most all of the functional options (with the carbon inlays for grins).

Went the route of sending emails to Internet/Fleet sales mgrs at a handful of dealers within my driving distance, asking mainly for %-off MSRP, dealer-processing fees, changeable order, etc.

Got responses ranging from apparently no interest in discounting, to the 3's and 4's, and chose a very good 6.5% off. If you're in Colorado, Griffin Ralston, Fleet Manager, Prestige Audi, Lakewood put the deal together for me.

Let the wait begin...
Old 05-23-2017, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Thad49
With the help of many great posts here, I decided to treat myself to a 2018 SQ5 as my first Audi. As me and my crappy driving age, I wanted a car that had more driving smarts than I did. Chose a Prestige with Matador Red & Rotor Gray, and most all of the functional options (with the carbon inlays for grins).

Went the route of sending emails to Internet/Fleet sales mgrs at a handful of dealers within my driving distance, asking mainly for %-off MSRP, dealer-processing fees, changeable order, etc.

Got responses ranging from apparently no interest in discounting, to the 3's and 4's, and chose a very good 6.5% off. If you're in Colorado, Griffin Ralston, Fleet Manager, Prestige Audi, Lakewood put the deal together for me.

Let the wait begin...

Congratulations!!!!

I have heard that Prestige has a great service department too.... We only got a 3% offer from them so went with the better offer from Boulder Audi. I can't wait to see photos of your new car! Our more mundane Q5 is due here in late August/early September as we cancelled the order to add DAP and the sport seats just to be safe. Sadly, I was not able to sneak in a SQ5 upgrade since I am not the primary driver, and have a bit of speeding ticket issue.

We can do a red and green Colorado Audi photo op for the holidays !
Old 05-23-2017, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations on your new order! Let the waiting begin. I have been waiting since March and my car is in Houston or on the way here to Salt Lake City, I should have it by end of the week or next week. I like havery am "only" getting a Q5 Prestige. SQ5 looks great and I like the color combination you chose.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks, guys! It's fun to share lessons and excitement. Dealer guesses were around 10-12 weeks now for builds that went in after DAP, etc opened for ordering -- we'll see.