Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

HomeLink® garage door opener question on 2021 Q5 progressive

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 10:37 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HomeLink® garage door opener question on 2021 Q5 progressive

I noticed that my new 2021 Q5 progressive shall supports HomeLink® garage door opener. But I didn’t find the garage opener buttons on the roof.
Does anybody have experience how to use the feature in 2021 Q5 progressive model? Thanks
Old 01-31-2021, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

I believe I read it’s now integrated into the mmi system
The following 2 users liked this post by Greenc:
hersee (01-03-2023), itcsburnett (03-08-2022)
Old 01-31-2021, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have same vehicle...and same problem, its in the MMI...you have to look for it but its there. I haven't had luck getting it to work however, and will keep trying, it suggests have to go to the opener unit and work with that. I have prem + and nav and still haven't found the temp gage. Okay for out temp but not for engine temp. Been on all the screens and no luck.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 224 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Xin Lin
I noticed that my new 2021 Q5 progressive shall supports HomeLink® garage door opener. But I didn’t find the garage opener buttons on the roof.
Does anybody have experience how to use the feature in 2021 Q5 progressive model? Thanks
There's an icon on the MMI that looks like a house with a broken wall (supposedly that's the garage door being opened). If you don't have a heated steering wheel, it can be set up with the * button. If you do have a heated wheel, you have to go through the MMI. When I back out of the garage it's a two step process to get to - Home button, then the door opener (to close it). When I come home and pull into the driveway, it "knows" you're home and automatically pops up for a few seconds on the MMI so you can tap to open the door.

When leaving, I clipped my old-fashioned remote control on my passenger visor to use - not sure why Audi made it so complicated.
The following 3 users liked this post by GeriatricSQ5Guy:
Alex Blair (03-04-2021), itcsburnett (03-08-2022), ribeye (03-08-2022)
Old 01-31-2021, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Just swipe down and the programmed garage doors appear. There is an option to store the geo location for a door so that the "buttons" pop up automatically when you get closer to the door, works reliable for me so far.
Old 01-31-2021, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Donald Bruno
I have prem + and nav and still haven't found the temp gage. Okay for out temp but not for engine temp. Been on all the screens and no luck.
No water temp anymore, was pretty useless in recent year anyway since it was sitting in the middle most of the time. And for the times when there's an issue, you have red warning lights flashing at you.

With VC you get the oil temp which is more important and should be the decision basis for when to floor the gas pedal or not.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DirkM
Just swipe down and the programmed garage doors appear. There is an option to store the geo location for a door so that the "buttons" pop up automatically when you get closer to the door, works reliable for me so far.
I found the feature in MMI. But it’s not compatible with the garage system in my Condo😭
I also found a video for somebody who want to know how to configure it.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:14 PM
Banned

Thanks for your information. I got it in MMI. But it’s not compatible with my condo’s garage system
Old 01-31-2021, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks for your information. I got it in MMI. But it’s not compatible with my condo’s garage system
yeah I had issues with my condo complex’s garage system too. So I carry around the liftmaster button instead. Some people say with persistence, the homelink should sync up with liftmaster but no luck after 10-20 mins of trying
Old 02-01-2021, 01:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

If the door is HomeLink compatible then it should work. it might be tricky though.

Over the years I accumulated about 10 different remotes, all different models, all programmed for my two garage doors and working fine. Only two of them were playing nicely with my 2021 Q5e (and my 2017 A4 before that), the other were either not waiting with the car or the car could not be synchronized with the opener. If possible try another opener.

The 2021 Q5 also has three different modes, so if the standard mode does not work, try one of the other ones.

Quick Reply: HomeLink® garage door opener question on 2021 Q5 progressive