Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Inlays

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ3xclusive
I am looking to get the carbon fiber with my order. Any impressions who saw them or own a car with it?
I got carbon fiber in my SQ5 - very happy with it. Isn't particularly schnazzy and relatively subtle unless the light hits it hard.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeremyZ
I got carbon fiber in my SQ5 - very happy with it. Isn't particularly schnazzy and relatively subtle unless the light hits it hard.
How do you like the nappa seats? I'm getting magma red. I like the S logo and more eye catching than the Milano seats
​​​​
Old 06-05-2017, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DJ3xclusive
How do you like the nappa seats? I'm getting magma red. I like the S logo and more eye catching than the Milano seats
​​​​
I love 'em. Coming from the Alcantara, I thought leather would be slippery under semi-aggressive driving, but they're sticky and completely awesome. And - although it's clearly not a concern for you - they're not too bold looking in basic black.

So far, definitely less squish than the seats in the MKI, and they feel narrower - I do wonder how well they'd fit someone much wider than me.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JeremyZ
I love 'em. Coming from the Alcantara, I thought leather would be slippery under semi-aggressive driving, but they're sticky and completely awesome. And - although it's clearly not a concern for you - they're not too bold looking in basic black.

So far, definitely less squish than the seats in the MKI, and they feel narrower - I do wonder how well they'd fit someone much wider than me.
Nice, Did you special order or is your SQ from dealer inventory?
Old 06-05-2017, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ron.S
Nice, Did you special order or is your SQ from dealer inventory?
It was in stock at a dealer near the dealer I bought it from, and they were able to swipe it and deliver the same day. Cosmetically, it was what I was looking for and although I'd prefer to have the air suspension, it seemed like a hassle to wait for that. Dealer said that it was one of only four Daytona Grays available in the eastern region at the moment, whatever that's worth.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Those S-Line seats look awesome but I sat in one and the bottom cushion felt pretty hard.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Humble Bear
Those S-Line seats look awesome but I sat in one and the bottom cushion felt pretty hard.
Yeah - my first impression is that the whole car is more angular and severe and German. Even the interior door handles are pointier and less squishy than the MKI, and I think the steering wheel is, as well. The ride's perfectly fine, but the cabin's definitely a little angrier.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just finished my order for our '18 Prestige. We waffled between the walnut and ash. I just couldn't justify the cost. Two days later it was still bugging me. I really liked the looks of the open pore matte ash. So what the hell. I called the dealer back and asked if they'd split the difference. An hour later I got a call back. "Done and we've changed your order for you."
Fine grain ash for the win!
Old 06-23-2017, 02:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I paid for the ash, and it doesn't look good at all, I'm hoping it's just the photos sent by my dealer. Car just came in, haven't seen it in person yet.
Attached Thumbnails Inlays-img_4725.jpeg   Inlays-img_4727.jpeg  

Last edited by capeA4; 06-23-2017 at 02:47 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think it looks nice

Quick Reply: Inlays