Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Jriver to create them. They have to have look like the following:

.\XTC\11 - Senses Working Overtime.flac
.\Aerosmith\03-aerosmith-sweet_emotion.flac
.\Air\Moon Safari\105-air-talisman.flac
.\The Art of Noise\Invisible Silence Deluxe\216-the_art_of_noise_feat._max_headroom-paranoimia_(extended_version).flac
.\INXS\07-Baby Don't Cry.flac
.\Yes\06-yes-leave_it.flac

Meaning..
.\folder\song
Old 06-08-2018, 06:25 PM
jS5
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you. Mine are all in the root directory and referenced that way in the playlist file. Strange
Old 07-11-2018, 06:30 AM
jS5
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi guys,
So i have had my 2018 S5 sportback for 6 weeks.
Conclusion on sound system (B&O upgrade)...........it is terrible. Mostly due to the adjustable mid range, very high High frequency from the front and the worst bass I have ever heard (vibrations). The subwoofer should have been placed under the seat somewhere and not under the spare tire. I didn't verify its location...just basing on info from threads.
After fooling around with USB and SDcard, my best solution is to use an an iTouch where \i am able to play with the equalizer. Huge improvement but not totally satisfied. Audi really screwed up on this. A great sound system is essential for a car of this calibre. Granted I assumed it was as were all my sound systems with BMW, Benz and previous Audi.
Very disappointed for the upgrade price.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jS5
Hi guys,
So i have had my 2018 S5 sportback for 6 weeks.
Conclusion on sound system (B&O upgrade)...........it is terrible. Mostly due to the adjustable mid range, very high High frequency from the front and the worst bass I have ever heard (vibrations). The subwoofer should have been placed under the seat somewhere and not under the spare tire. I didn't verify its location...just basing on info from threads.
After fooling around with USB and SDcard, my best solution is to use an an iTouch where \i am able to play with the equalizer. Huge improvement but not totally satisfied. Audi really screwed up on this. A great sound system is essential for a car of this calibre. Granted I assumed it was as were all my sound systems with BMW, Benz and previous Audi.
Very disappointed for the upgrade price.
Huh, I have a B&O system in my 2016 Q5 and have enjoyed it. Now, I'm not an audiophile, but was the system changed for 2018? If the current version is a downgrade that would be very disappointing, as I'm likely to be ordering a 2019 Q5 in a couple of months.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:03 AM
jS5
Audiworld Junior Member

I believe its the position of the speakers and the fact that the S5 sportback is a hatchback, so the speakers are not placed where they should be.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Vancouver, BC w/ a 2018 SQ5 Technik, FULLY loaded. Wow, you can really put a lot of info in here!
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Most sales people will let you actually listen to the sound system before purchasing.

While this is not the best sound system I have had, it's not the worst. Admittedly thats a pretty low bar, but its on par with most of the other Euro stuff I have had.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:53 PM
jS5
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry to disagree. Really bad in S5. And for the record \i do not buy cars based on the sound system.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I just got a 2018 SQ5. I have a iPod Touch (latest gen I think - a couple of years old). I connected it to one of the USB ports using the apple lightning cable that came with the iPod. I have full control of the iPod using the car infotainment controls, can access all songs, playlists, artists. i can see the album art. Works exactly as expected, EXCEPT - it plays the music through the tiny iPod speakers and not the car's audio system. What's up with that? Am I missing a setting somewhere?
Old 09-01-2018, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyStaccato
I just got a 2018 SQ5. I have a iPod Touch (latest gen I think - a couple of years old). I connected it to one of the USB ports using the apple lightning cable that came with the iPod. I have full control of the iPod using the car infotainment controls, can access all songs, playlists, artists. i can see the album art. Works exactly as expected, EXCEPT - it plays the music through the tiny iPod speakers and not the car's audio system. What's up with that? Am I missing a setting somewhere?
This is working now. I did a MMI reset trying to solve another issue and tried the ipod after and it played through the car audio system as expected. Not sure what was going on with that.
I'm still having other issues though. Whenever I push the voice input button on the steering wheel, I get a message on the screen that says "please wait..", then it goes back to what it was doing like I never pressed it and I'm not able to give any voice commands. I also have no sound during navigation. The music continues to play, and the screen shows the nav status normally, but there are no voice navigation propmts at all. I've checked the Voice settings for the navigation and they are on and volume is turned up. The reset of the MMI did not fix these issues. Any one else had anything similar going on?
Old 09-02-2018, 05:11 AM
jS5
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Johnny,
You are having strange issues. Bring it in and perhaps there's an upgrade available.
Audi does many things great.....MMI / sound system is not one of them.

Quick Reply: iPod "not supported"