Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

New Q5, what about Audi Care?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Q5, what about Audi Care?

On June 5, I ordered a Matador Red Prestige Q5 with DAP and WWP. On September 24, I took delivery of a Matador Red Prestige Q5 with DAP and WWP, but it wasn't the one I ordered! Here's the story: Six weeks after the original build date of August 12, with no build in sight, I decided to search local dealers' websites for a suitable Q5. I found several, and settled on a virtual duplicate of the vehicle I ordered at another dealer about 25 miles from my home. My dealer tried to trade for that car, but was refused. At this point, my SA essentially gave me his blessing to buy the virtual duplicate and I did. If this story has a moral, I guess it's that if you're tired of waiting for your much-delayed order to come in, you might try to find a suitable alternative sitting on some dealer's lot.

Now I have to decide whether or not to purchase Audi Care. It seems like a no-brainer since I intend to keep the Q5 for at lest 5 years. Am I missing something? Also, how long can I delay and still be allowed to buy it? Finally, has anyone received a discount on the $869 list price for Audi Care?
Old 09-26-2017, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got a really good deal on the price of my car, so the dealer wasn't willing to budge on the Audi Care. Got an email about two months after delivery with an offer for $100 off and ended up taking that deal.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I totally understand what you were going through! Still am a bit. ;-)

I ordered back on May 23rd and my Order just yesterday showed up on the dealer website. I too was looking for similar inventory vehicles and found something soon to be available. I think another week or two I would have been a proud SQ5 owner versus a soon to be Q5 owner.

For anyone interested in a sweet SQ5 that was just built last week, fully loaded (and yes with the flat bottom steering wheel) go here

My scenario is slightly different in that I am going with my original order, but in regards of purchasing Audi Care I think its a no-brainer to get it. As paperbridge and others have said it is negotiable when you talk to your dealer. Also I am not sure but speak to your SA that you placed your original order with, perhaps they can help out a bit?