Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Love the Q5 but....

Old 06-17-2018, 06:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
Clearly, you didn't read the reasons why Audi doesn't offer it. I lived on the east coast for years, it's not hard to garage your vehicle...
It is for me, for my truck. Our other two vehicles, cars, take up our available, two car, garage space. Plus 4x4 truck needs to be winter positioned for access when our driveway gets snow blocked. I really don't care about any Audi excuses for not offering this common feature. Simply not customer/user friendly, to no purpose lame.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by ltxi
It is for me, for my truck. Our other two vehicles, cars, take up our available, two car, garage space. Plus 4x4 truck needs to be winter positioned for access when our driveway gets snow blocked. I really don't care about any Audi excuses for not offering this common feature. Simply not customer/user friendly, to no purpose lame.
Its more of an emissions issue (idling for no reason). BMW doesn't offer OEM remote starts either.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Audi doesn’t need an “excuse”

Audi chose not to include Remote Start, buyers can choose the car they want. No excuses needed. If you choose the Q5, you go without Remote Start. One can choose to buy a different SUV that does have it, if it’s really that important. Simple as that. I’m happy with the Q5.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Badger56
Audi chose not to include Remote Start, buyers can choose the car they want. No excuses needed. If you choose the Q5, you go without Remote Start. One can choose to buy a different SUV that does have it, if it’s really that important. Simple as that. I’m happy with the Q5.
Audi doesn’t offer it because it’s illegal in Germany to have a car running with no one in it. VW has started putting them in some of their vehicles, maybe eventually Audi will too?

anyways, I don’t see the problem. I got a remote start installed through the dealer and it works awesome. If that’s really a necessity there’s always a way
Old 06-18-2018, 09:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only complaint that I agree with is the remote starter, so I put one on the day after I bought the thing. Living in AZ it is just as useful as when I was in Michigan.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Badger56
Methinks you're missing the point.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree that ALA could use a lot of improvement. Not saying it's not worth getting, it's definitely helpful at times.

Things it could do better:
- Not beeping constantly on long drives telling me to put my hands on the wheel. They are on the wheel, do a better job detecting that somehow, or increase the time for hand detection period.

- Not randomly losing sight of both lines when they're clearly visible and disabling ALA without so much as a beep.

- Handle large curved roads a little better