Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

MMI Media Hard Drive

 
Old 02-14-2019, 04:26 PM
  #1  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Default MMI Media Hard Drive

Does MMI in Q5 has internal hard drive for music file storage? I am waiting for my Q5 order to arrive coming from Mercedes GLC which has hard drive that I use to copy my music to.
mattsrs is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 05:03 PM
  #2  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Idaho Panhandle
Posts: 579
Default

There is approximate 10GB in what Audi calls the Jukebox - page 227 of the manual. So yes, it has MMI storage.
spindlewood is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 04:54 AM
  #3  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,347
Default

I found it was easier to load music (and you can add more) using an SD card. There are 2 slots in the dash which the MMI will directly play from.

You can use a USB stick as well, but it uses up the armrest USB port so you cannot connect to carplay/android auto while playing music (hence the SD card suggestion).
Wires is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 01:58 PM
  #4  
AudiWorld Member
 
Martigary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sydney - Australia. Been keeping the Pacific and Indian oceans apart since 1788
Posts: 231
Default

Plus one with SD card option. Easy to move around between cars and to modify your tunes than the hard drive.
Martigary is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 02:01 PM
  #5  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by spindlewood View Post
There is approximate 10GB in what Audi calls the Jukebox - page 227 of the manual. So yes, it has MMI storage.
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
I found it was easier to load music (and you can add more) using an SD card. There are 2 slots in the dash which the MMI will directly play from.

You can use a USB stick as well, but it uses up the armrest USB port so you cannot connect to carplay/android auto while playing music (hence the SD card suggestion).
Originally Posted by Martigary View Post
Plus one with SD card option. Easy to move around between cars and to modify your tunes than the hard drive.

Thanks guys. Looks like SD card is the way to go as it makes it more convenient.
mattsrs is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
snagitseven
A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
4
12-25-2008 02:28 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MMI Media Hard Drive


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: