Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

My 2018 Q5 prestige order with DAP and winter package is delayed

Old 09-14-2017, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifeski
Production of my vehicle was completed on September 1. According to my sales associate my Q5 prestige with driver assistance package is waiting to be shipped to Rhode Island. It appears it has not left Mexico yet which is not much of a surprise based on all of the hurricane activity. The final date for its arrival at my dealer in Richmond VA was October 5. I’m beginning to wonder if it’s going to make that. This is one of those unpredictable things unlike those who were delayed because of a wheel shortage. Yes I’m very anxious to get my car but there’s not a whole lot I can do about it.
Originally Posted by castwyn
Ours had build week 36, and I was surprised to see it show up on dealer site last week. SA seemed to confirm it's built, just waiting. Hoping ours comes in by the end of September/early October like yours.

Our dealer changed specs on an order already in the system July 1st - Prestige with DAP, cold and warm weather with gray oak - but with all the delay talk I am surprised to see it's "on track". Hoping we get it soon, but it is what it is. I feel for those who have been waiting 4-6 months.
Lucky Lucky!

The only information that is shared with me are a bunch of red dates.

Original order date: 5.23.17

Edit: Forgot to mention, of course nothing showing up on my dealer's website.

Last edited by cakasky; 09-14-2017 at 06:31 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cakasky
Lucky Lucky!

The only information that is shared with me are a bunch of red dates.

Original order date: 5.23.17

Edit: Forgot to mention, of course nothing showing up on my dealer's website.
Well you got truck load date , so I think you should getting in a few days!
Old 09-14-2017, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by peacefulwarrior
Well you got truck load date , so I think you should getting in a few days!
Nope. Those are all fluid dates since its still ETA. My SA just told me 5 minutes ago that it still has not yet completed production and still at the factory.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cakasky
Nope. Those are all fluid dates since its still ETA. My SA just told me 5 minutes ago that it still has not yet completed production and still at the factory.

Wow its safe to assume your car was damaged in some way en route.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by peacefulwarrior
Wow its safe to assume your car was damaged in some way en route.
It wasn't even built, so it's not damaged.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NeedMoreHP
There's a reason they don't want you to have all the info. They don't want you to know all the details ...
Originally Posted by SYMAWD
It wasn't even built, so it's not damaged.
As much as I don't want to believe this, I concede to the facts that:

A. Audi is not divulging accurate and important information.
B. My car certainly is not 100% built yet.

@SYMAWD I just PMd you, if you could please spare a moment to respond at your earliest. Thank you in advance.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For what it's worth there are a ton of SQ5's arriving at dealers from the end of September-October with the DAP (Texas). Whether this relates to the Q5 in that regard I don't know. I arranged to get one and swap mine because I really want the DAP, so hopefully there won't be many more delays.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I hope you get that sorted out soon, cakasky. I've been a lurker for some time and have seen you around these forums. I can't blame you for being antsy. I was playing out-of-sight-out-of-mind for two months but now I have some ETA I'm stalking things daily. Can't imagine how you're feeling.

For what it's worth there are a ton of SQ5's arriving at dealers from the end of September-October with the DAP (Texas). Whether this relates to the Q5 in that regard I don't know. I arranged to get one and swap mine because I really want the DAP, so hopefully there won't be many more delays.
I'm definitely seeing more and more DAP Prestiges pop up on my dealer's site (we're in Louisiana). Mine was first I spotted last week, but now there's like 2-3 others added since.
Save
Old 10-18-2017, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by AudisticS5
and what was the originally promised delivery? I placed an order 2 weeks ago and was told 3-4 months estimate to take delivery
My original promised delivery date was August 30. I ordered it in early June so the original estimate was 3 months "at most" for delivery. We are now headed for 5 months and counting with no VIN number or delivery date as of this posting for my Q5 Prestige with DAP
Old 10-18-2017, 09:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by vikingshrink
My original promised delivery date was August 30. I ordered it in early June so the original estimate was 3 months "at most" for delivery. We are now headed for 5 months and counting with no VIN number or delivery date as of this posting for my Q5 Prestige with DAP
Be patient and keep in touch with your SA. I pick mine up in 9.5 hours and am having a hard time getting some decent sleep.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 2018 Q5 prestige order with DAP and winter package is delayed