Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

My first Audi, SQ5 Prestige

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default My first Audi, SQ5 Prestige

Purchased my first Audi today and got the one I've been looking at for several weeks. At first, I didnt expect to end up with a loaded Prestige but maybe this is a sign of getting old and no longer settling. This thing is super nice, Prestige with DAP, Sport package, Dynamic Steering, Nappa Leather, and the all important beam rings.
Now to get the front protected and windows tinted to match the rest.
Attached Thumbnails My first Audi, SQ5 Prestige-sq5.jpeg  
Old 12-04-2017, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats! Very nice SQ5! I like the color!
Old 12-04-2017, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aclass
Purchased my first Audi today and got the one I've been looking at for several weeks. At first, I didnt expect to end up with a loaded Prestige but maybe this is a sign of getting old and no longer settling. This thing is super nice, Prestige with DAP, Sport package, Dynamic Steering, Nappa Leather, and the all important beam rings.
Now to get the front protected and windows tinted to match the rest.
Congratulations! Like the color, my sq is Daytona Gray, similarly equipped. Would have liked dynamic steering but my dealer didn’t have any with the option and they had 35 sq in stock. Enjoy. Regards. Ned.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats. Enjoy in good health.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Keep us posted on what film you go with to match the front windows.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats! Nice red!
Old 12-05-2017, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Congrats. We have the red exterior and rotor gray interior (Prestige) -- in our market, we've NEVER seen another red SQ5 and our dealer says they've only sold one (ours). We special ordered it with the summer only tires (eschewing the optional 21's) and replaced those with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ -- while we do have the winter package (heated rear seats and steering wheel), I couldn't talk my wife into DAP, as she thought it was akin to "turning over" too much of the driving to software and hardware. She won't even let the parking brake auto-disengage.

Bottom line, you should love your new SQ5 -- we've had two of them and they just keep getting better and better. At 5,000 and 10,000 miles, you'll even feel that you "got a new engine" the performance improves so noticeably (along with a bump in your MPG's).

We went with ceramic tint front windshield and front doors -- my wife picked 80%. Essentially, we're blocking only 20% of the brightness of the sun, but the tint really reduced the heat build up since it blocks 95% of the UV. I went with 60% -- twice as dark (40%) as my wife's. I did NOT, however, tint the windshield, and if I do next summer, I'll go with the 20% tint same as my wife (BTW, mine is an S4 which did not have rear door tint like the SQ5 has.)

Best SQ ever.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks for all the information and nice words, I'm still learning all this thing has to offer but everything is stellar after my first drive home from the dealership last night. Coming over the Blue Ridge mountains was a nice treat, this thing handles great.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
Congrats. We have the red exterior and rotor gray interior (Prestige) -- in our market, we've NEVER seen another red SQ5 and our dealer says they've only sold one (ours). We special ordered it with the summer only tires (eschewing the optional 21's) and replaced those with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ -- while we do have the winter package (heated rear seats and steering wheel), I couldn't talk my wife into DAP, as she thought it was akin to "turning over" too much of the driving to software and hardware. She won't even let the parking brake auto-disengage.

Bottom line, you should love your new SQ5 -- we've had two of them and they just keep getting better and better. At 5,000 and 10,000 miles, you'll even feel that you "got a new engine" the performance improves so noticeably (along with a bump in your MPG's).

We went with ceramic tint front windshield and front doors -- my wife picked 80%. Essentially, we're blocking only 20% of the brightness of the sun, but the tint really reduced the heat build up since it blocks 95% of the UV. I went with 60% -- twice as dark (40%) as my wife's. I did NOT, however, tint the windshield, and if I do next summer, I'll go with the 20% tint same as my wife (BTW, mine is an S4 which did not have rear door tint like the SQ5 has.)

Best SQ ever.
Interesting that you say the drivetrain gets better with age. My sq Prestige has around 1000 miles and my only complaint so far would be wanting a bit more zip off the line and a bit more of a ballsy feel to the engine when stomping on it. Mind you, I knew this going in so I’m not really complaining, just commenting, I like the sq a lot, no buyers remorse at all, still the best luxury performance suv in its class except perhaps the Macan s turbo with the performance package, which could cost near twice as much and have lesser technology. Enjoy. Regards. Ned.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:55 AM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats! Matador looks great, any other pics you'd like to share?

-tgt

Quick Reply: My first Audi, SQ5 Prestige