Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Prestige Initial Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 09:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prestige Initial Impressions

Finally had my Prestige delivered. First night impressions are blown away. Way better than the test drive. There really is a huge difference between the Prestige model and P+. Sport seats are amazing, ride is tighter, HUD is great to have, ambient lighting and sound top notch, and luxury Audi feel is there. Can't say on the power yet as I'm breaking it in, but I sense it's there, especially in Sport mode. More pics to come
Attached Thumbnails Prestige Initial Impressions-img_0891.jpg   Prestige Initial Impressions-img_0892.jpg   Prestige Initial Impressions-img_0896.jpg  
Old 04-28-2017, 09:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ps, not sure why the pics are upside down. They look normal to me
Old 04-29-2017, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by scottkusf
Ps, not sure why the pics are upside down. They look normal to me
This is great to know as I am still awaiting ours. So you got the warm weather package?
Old 04-29-2017, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why is the ride tighter? did you get the adaptive dampening suspension?
Old 04-29-2017, 07:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by havery
This is great to know as I am still awaiting ours. So you got the warm weather package?
Yes, warm weather package is a must in San Diego, and with the seat upgrade it's a definite must.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jaybar
why is the ride tighter? did you get the adaptive dampening suspension?
Mine has Audi Drive Select, so I can select Dynamic which makes everything more sporty, steering, engine etc
Old 04-30-2017, 02:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am considering the prestige trim as well, I noticed 20 inch wheel is the only option in this trim, certainly the car would look nice with it, but how about the ride? Would the large wheel make it bumpier to ride?
Old 04-30-2017, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi tangjc:

We just brought home a Prestige for my wife. Before we bought we had test driven both Premium Plus and Prestige. Can't say that there was a noticeable difference in ride quality between the two.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Congratulation NoMoreSede, I really love the new Q5 interior, to my taste it feels much better than Mercedes GLC. Haven't test drove a prestige yet but will try next weekend, from the pictures of others in this forum the interior is even more beautiful.

Another question related to the wheel, I live in NY area and wonder if 20 inch wheel with less rubber gap means slippery on snow/ice? I heard many people switch to smaller wheels for winter, not sure if I order 19 inch it would save me some work?

Originally Posted by NoMoreSwede
Hi tangjc:

We just brought home a Prestige for my wife. Before we bought we had test driven both Premium Plus and Prestige. Can't say that there was a noticeable difference in ride quality between the two.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Having grown up in upstate NY where winters were brutal I can tell you that the type of tire and the width make the most difference when things get snowy/icy. The best option is to have dedicated winter tires designed to perform at low temps, in a narrower width to cut through the snow rather than ride on top of it. With that said, we also live in the northeast and have used all season tires on my wife's all-wheel drive SUV's and never had an issue. I expect the same with the Q5.

Quick Reply: Prestige Initial Impressions