Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

my new 2018 Q5

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my new 2018 Q5

Hello,
Recently I purchased 2018 Q5. I see these below issues, Please let me know if anyone has experienced or can give inputs.

1. On the Glossy Wooden finish next to driver seat inside, there are numerous scratches. Its hard to see at first but its been there since day one.
2. Also on outside b/w the doors, the glossy finish scratches can be seen including on the glass of the front headlights.
3. The gas pedal has been very hard and really need to step on it to make it move. Myself and my wife both felt it.
I know i'm making this remarks to dealer now, but just wanted to know if anyone is also seeing the same issues and share your valuable inputs.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rams.shree
Hello,
Recently I purchased 2018 Q5. I see these below issues, Please let me know if anyone has experienced or can give inputs.

1. On the Glossy Wooden finish next to driver seat inside, there are numerous scratches. Its hard to see at first but its been there since day one.
2. Also on outside b/w the doors, the glossy finish scratches can be seen including on the glass of the front headlights.
3. The gas pedal has been very hard and really need to step on it to make it move. Myself and my wife both felt it.
I know i'm making this remarks to dealer now, but just wanted to know if anyone is also seeing the same issues and share your valuable inputs.
My only complaint when I took delivery: what I think was an excessive amount of tape residue from wrapping. Really took some work to get it off the paint. There was a small amount on the headlight covers as well.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by frogs9497
My only complaint when I took delivery: what I think was an excessive amount of tape residue from wrapping. Really took some work to get it off the paint. There was a small amount on the headlight covers as well.
Yes, you are right. I still cannot get rid of the residue. My audi has been in the garage already 4 times for various reason now..

1. Driver seat window regulator was broken. They installed new one. (it made huge noise)

2. Squeaking noise at the trunk bumper, they fixed it saying hitch was not fitted properly.

3. Back door lights wasn't working; they have ordered from Germany to replace that..

<Sign>
Old 09-05-2017, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, you are right. I still cannot get rid of the residue. My audi has been in the garage already 4 times for various reason now..

1. Driver seat window regulator was broken. They installed new one. (it made huge noise)

2. Squeaking noise at the trunk bumper, they fixed it saying hitch was not fitted properly.

3. Back door lights wasn't working; they have ordered from Germany to replace that..

<Sign>
What kind of noise were you getting from the driver's window? I notice mine squeeks a bit but not horrible. But, not as quiet as it should be.

The brake pedal is really hard when in park starting the car, but releases after the first start. You don't have to press it far down at first to start up, but this one threw me when I got the car.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by pgi007
What kind of noise were you getting from the driver's window? I notice mine squeeks a bit but not horrible. But, not as quiet as it should be.

The brake pedal is really hard when in park starting the car, but releases after the first start. You don't have to press it far down at first to start up, but this one threw me when I got the car.
I use to get loud noise while raising and lowering the windows on the driver side. The technician immediately agreed there is a problem. Then found the regulator inside the window was bad.

With other two problems, I WONDER how AUDI is doing quality control.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alot of glue from wrapping. Took awhile to remove..
Old 09-06-2017, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you have a crappy dealer, mine was delivered in mint condition. No scratches, glue residue, rattling windows, stiff brakes - I wouldn't have accepted if it didn't look perfect. Of course, you don't know about mechanical issues until you start driving it, but so far I have no issues.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jr_audi
Sounds like you have a crappy dealer, mine was delivered in mint condition. No scratches, glue residue, rattling windows, stiff brakes - I wouldn't have accepted if it didn't look perfect. Of course, you don't know about mechanical issues until you start driving it, but so far I have no issues.
In my case, the glue wasn't apparent at first glance. It was mainly on the front edge of the hood. Looked like something that could be simply wiped off. Ended up using peanut butter, which worked like a charm.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

<Sign>

My brand new Q5 is in the garage for 3rd time. I dont think anybody might have gone through this. Its a brand new car.
I'm totally unhappy about this. Can anybody suggest me if I'm entitled for replacement. I really dont want to fix my new car.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

My brand new Q5 is in the garage for 3rd time. I dont think anybody might have gone through this. Its a brand new car.
I'm totally unhappy about this. Can anybody suggest me if I'm entitled for replacement. I really dont want to fix my new car.
I'm guessing that anything less than a catastrophic engine or transmission failure will only entitle you to warranty repair.

Quick Reply: my new 2018 Q5