Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Question Regarding Wheel Offset???

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Question Regarding Wheel Offset???

Hi Gang,

Quick question.

I'm looking for a new or used set of either factory rims (or replicas), and have no idea what our factory offset is, or what range will work, and retain a stock appearance.

I have a 2018 SQ5, with air suspension, and I'm looking for 20" Audi rotor design wheels.

I think I'll use my current factory 20" as my dedicated winter set, and use these rotors for my Summer rims (I'd like to stay at 20" for reasons of ride quality).

Long story short, I've found several sets that fit the bill, but offsets are all over the place.

I'd like to retain a bone stock factory offset, or as close as is possible.

While I'm at it, what is our bolt pattern (5x112)???

Sorry for the total noob questions...

Thanks everyone!
Old 01-07-2018, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

stock 21 inchers are 8,5 inches wide with a 34mm offset. bolt pattern is x112, center bore is 66.56mm. Tire rack showed some 20s with ut to 9 inches wide and 40 offset as fitting. Based on my 9 wide and ET37, I think that would work, but that’s prob the max offset you could go without rubbing on the inner strut on the front. The higher the offset, the more the inside rim moves toward the center of the car. Good luck on the hunt for orig rotors. They’re rare.

Last edited by fignewton; 01-08-2018 at 02:41 AM.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fignewton
stock 21 inchers are 8,5 inches wide with a 34mm offset. bolt pattern is x112, center bore is 66.75mm. Tire rack showed some 20s with ut to 9 inches wide and 40 offset as fitting. Based on my 9 wide and ET37, I think that would work, but that’s prob the max offset you could go without rubbing on the inner strut on the front. The higher the offset, the more the inside rim moves toward the center of the car. Good luck on the hunt for orig rotors. They’re rare.
Agreed except I think center bore is 66.56.

Originally Posted by kubica
Hi Gang,

Quick question.
I'm looking for a new or used set of either factory rims (or replicas), and have no idea what our factory offset is, or what range will work, and retain a stock appearance.

I have a 2018 SQ5, with air suspension, and I'm looking for 20" Audi rotor design wheels.
I think I'll use my current factory 20" as my dedicated winter set, and use these rotors for my Summer rims (I'd like to stay at 20" for reasons of ride quality).
Long story short, I've found several sets that fit the bill, but offsets are all over the place.
I'd like to retain a bone stock factory offset, or as close as is possible.
While I'm at it, what is our bolt pattern (5x112)???
Sorry for the total noob questions...
Thanks everyone!
If you want OEM quality according to Hartmann, these should fit nicely in 20x9 ET29:
https://www.hartmannwheels.com/audi-wheels#uid-13
You may have to buy bolts for these (or any aftermarket wheel) although I'm not too clear on that.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

corrected, and thanks. that's what you get from going from memory :>)
Old 01-08-2018, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Amazing!!!! I love this forum.

Fig and Transfer, thank you both.

Sincerely appreciate the detailed information, including the Hartmann link.

Appreciate the center bore and offset explanation as well.

I have zero issue buying bolts, as I'll more than likely have to pop for TPMS and center caps anyway

Thanks again guys!
Old 01-08-2018, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kubica
Amazing!!!! I love this forum.
Fig and Transfer, thank you both.
Sincerely appreciate the detailed information, including the Hartmann link.
Appreciate the center bore and offset explanation as well.
I have zero issue buying bolts, as I'll more than likely have to pop for TPMS and center caps anyway
Thanks again guys!
No problem!
The Hartmann wheels come with Hartmann center caps which may or may not be acceptable to you. I've never owned Hartmann but they're a local company to me and have a good rep in the Audi/VW world. Also, no TPMS to buy! Audi does not have installed sensors and instead uses some wheel rotation/braking algorithm to determine tire pressure changes.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Transfer
No problem!
The Hartmann wheels come with Hartmann center caps which may or may not be acceptable to you. I've never owned Hartmann but they're a local company to me and have a good rep in the Audi/VW world. Also, no TPMS to buy! Audi does not have installed sensors and instead uses some wheel rotation/braking algorithm to determine tire pressure changes.
OMG, you're kidding?!

Thant's FANTASTIC....I come from the BMW world, where sensors have to be purchased and installed for a secondary set of wheels/tires, or you have to live with a dreaded dash light for months on end.

I guess you could transfer the sensors themselves, but I've always just purchased an extra set of 4.

Great news, and just made my life that much easier....thnx Transfer.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got a set of Hartmann reps for my SQ5 winter set. No need for TPMS sensors, and if you don't want the Hartmann center caps, they'll sell you OEM Audi caps or you can buy them off ebay. I wanted black caps, so I went with the ebay option since Audi doesn't make an OEM black cap in the correct size. Only $13 for all 4 and quality is about the same as OEM. OEM part# for the gray caps is:4B0-601-170-A-7ZJ. Achtuning sells the set of 4 for $150.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Black-Car...726?rmvSB=true

I went with ET25 offset, and they do sit a bit further out from the fender vs the OEM 21" I have on my summers. I did have to buy a couple sets of lugbolts since Hartmanns use R13 and Audi OEM is R14 bolts.

Last edited by chingwodapigu; 01-18-2018 at 07:38 AM.