Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

New to Forum / New SQ5 ordered

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 04:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Transport Canada now has the recall posted on the website. The Audi Recall # matches the info my dealer gave me, but the recall doesn't mention the SQ5 as being one of the impacted vehicles. Lots of VW models listed...

Recall Details

Recall Details
Transport Canada Recall # 2018292
Recall Date 2018/06/01
Notification Type Safety Mfr
System Brakes
Manufacturer Recall Number 47N8 / 47N9 / 47O1
Units Affected The number of vehicles or components affected by the recall. 5,585
Category Car, SUV
Recall Details
On certain vehicles, a problem with the brake system may cause gas bubbles to form in the brake fluid. This could cause a soft brake pedal feel and a reduction in brake performance, increasing the risk of a crash causing injury and/or damage to property. Correction: To be determined.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Was just informed by my dealer that my car is on schedule, and only a few cars was affected.

He he also told me that the a7 and a6 was affected.

There is als a recall about airbags for the 2018 q5’s

hope his helps!
Old 07-10-2018, 11:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took Delivery on Friday. 1 Weekend of driving - mix of city and highway. So far so good. Will post up some picks once we get our Stealth Hitch installed.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

So followed up with my dealer and got this response.
"I've emailed Audi Distribution and your Q5 is delayed due to the recall. They've reassured that sold orders have priority but could not give me an ETA. There is a fix for the recall and they are working as fast as they can."

This is crazy. Today marks completion of 4 months for my order. Disappointed.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nikv
So followed up with my dealer and got this response.
"I've emailed Audi Distribution and your Q5 is delayed due to the recall. They've reassured that sold orders have priority but could not give me an ETA. There is a fix for the recall and they are working as fast as they can."

This is crazy. Today marks completion of 4 months for my order. Disappointed.
not rubbing it in, but my sq5 arrived last week at the port, and my dealer just informed me that it just arrived.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gizmo607

not rubbing it in, but my sq5 arrived last week at the port, and my dealer just informed me that it just arrived.
Being a tech guy myself, i can not understand why it is so difficult to give me access to real time location of my car. If not, at least provide the information about last action in supply chain. Their IT systems can use the modernization.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Sydney - Australia. Been keeping the Pacific and Indian oceans apart since 1788
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

I have had my vehicle sitting in the factory car park for two months come next week. Still waiting for a slow boat to Australia via Japan, which is another five weeks at sea. Then it is two weeks for customs clearance to ensure no stowaways are in the back before the dealer can get it.
Real time tracking and customer updates - is that not stuff they did in the 20th Century? No need for any of that fancy stuff, it will get to me sometime.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Martigary
I have had my vehicle sitting in the factory car park for two months come next week. Still waiting for a slow boat to Australia via Japan, which is another five weeks at sea. Then it is two weeks for customs clearance to ensure no stowaways are in the back before the dealer can get it.
Real time tracking and customer updates - is that not stuff they did in the 20th Century? No need for any of that fancy stuff, it will get to me sometime.
Not sure about Australia but here people like to see where there stuff is at. In Seattle, Amazon is experimenting to show the real time location of your package up to 5 stops before it reaches you.

I refuse to accept the same old way Audi has delivered vehicles. I can not do much about it but I can sure rant about it.