Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

New SQ5 has defect/bump in paint prior to drive off

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 12:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SQ5 has defect/bump in paint prior to drive off

Hi all. I just closed a lease on a new SQ5 and during final inspection I saw an eraser sized bump in the paint, slightly raised, with a pen tip sized point where the paint had flaked off and the white primer was showing through. It looks like some type of debree was under the paint when it was painted at the factory. This is on the passenger side door about a third up from The bottom. The car is moonlight blue so this was pretty easy to spot.

I have a 36/10 lease.

Question: I noticed it before I accepted delivery and the dealer said they can sand it down and repaint the small area at their body shop. They said it would look factory when done. What are your thoughts? This will take 2-3 days which I assume I'm paying a lease on (I didn't get a loaner; I just kept me old car). Should I ask for any paperwork, work warrantee, cost offsets for the time I'm paying my lease (again I never took delivery). Should I do anything else?

Thanks for any help and comments
The dealer was absolutely helpful and willing to make it right. No issues on their service so far.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First question, did you custom order a moonlight blue SQ5? It's not a standard color option for the SQ5, only the Q5. Yes I would request something for the inconvenience and paperwork guranteeing the work.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

No I didn't custom order. Perhaps it was a custom order they had from someone else.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
First question, did you custom order a moonlight blue SQ5? It's not a standard color option for the SQ5, only the Q5. Yes I would request something for the inconvenience and paperwork guranteeing the work.
It's a standard color (in the US). I remember it was available when I ordered in March and it's on Audi's configurator.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by e1superman
Hi all. I just closed a lease on a new SQ5 and during final inspection I saw an eraser sized bump in the paint, slightly raised, with a pen tip sized point where the paint had flaked off and the white primer was showing through. It looks like some type of debree was under the paint when it was painted at the factory. This is on the passenger side door about a third up from The bottom. The car is moonlight blue so this was pretty easy to spot.

I have a 36/10 lease.

Question: I noticed it before I accepted delivery and the dealer said they can sand it down and repaint the small area at their body shop. They said it would look factory when done. What are your thoughts? This will take 2-3 days which I assume I'm paying a lease on (I didn't get a loaner; I just kept me old car). Should I ask for any paperwork, work warrantee, cost offsets for the time I'm paying my lease (again I never took delivery). Should I do anything else?

Thanks for any help and comments
The dealer was absolutely helpful and willing to make it right. No issues on their service so far.
You should definitely ask for some sort of concessions such as a discount or something else.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by robfarmer
It's a standard color (in the US). I remember it was available when I ordered in March and it's on Audi's configurator.
Nevermind, I was thinking of Utopia Blue.