Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Non-Heated Seat softer than Heated Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 10:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Non-Heated Seat softer than Heated Seat?

Anyone here owns or has compared the standard non-heated vs the heated seats in terms of softness? I would assume they are softer due to the absence of the heating elements.

Too bad I haven't seen a non-heated seat optioned Q5 in the dealership for comparison. The heated ones are stiffer than my preference. I would really like to compare than before I order.
Old 05-06-2017, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

There is no difference in comfort. And you will find it virtually impossible to find a Q5 without heated seats.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by adg44
There is no difference in comfort. And you will find it virtually impossible to find a Q5 without heated seats.
No difference in firmness really? Did you compare them?

I could special order one without the options and seat heaters.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Humble Bear
No difference in firmness really? Did you compare them?

I could special order one without the options and seat heaters.
Not sure where you are (no location filled out) but Premium (Base) models heated seats are a $500 option. In warmer climates you will find these cars without heated seats.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by rdA4WtQ5
Not sure where you are (no location filled out) but Premium (Base) models heated seats are a $500 option. In warmer climates you will find these cars without heated seats.
Yes, but it is extremely rare.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

Yes, but it is extremely rare.
Not that rare, I just looked at Pembrook Pines Audi website in South Florida and found one in 5 seconds. The Op only needs one to compare.
Southern Florida, Texas and Southern California has these cars without heated seats.
Also these same places have the most cars without the pano roofs.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rdA4WtQ5
Not that rare, I just looked at Pembrook Pines Audi website in South Florida and found one in 5 seconds. The Op only needs one to compare.
Southern Florida, Texas and Southern California has these cars without heated seats.
Also these same places have the most cars without the pano roofs.

Thank you RdA4wtQ5. Someone please help me compare them by both hand pressing and sitting.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dunno if this helps as we get heated seats on all cars north of the 49th. We found the comfort seat package (with heating and cooling) far more comfortable than the firmer regular seats.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Humble Bear
Thank you RdA4wtQ5. Someone please help me compare them by both hand pressing and sitting.
You won't find a difference in comfort with the standard seats if they are heated or not heated.

You'll only notice a difference if you get the ventilated seats (these are also heated) which are sport seats with bigger bolsters. You'll have to sit in both seat options to try for yourself.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You won't find a difference in comfort with the standard seats if they are heated or not heated.

You'll only notice a difference if you get the ventilated seats (these are also heated) which are sport seats with bigger bolsters. You'll have to sit in both seat options to try for yourself.
I greatly prefer the ventilated sport seats over the standard ones. They really hug your body and make going around curves a little too fast, just plain fun! I'm 6' 180#. I could see XXL's possibly being squeezed.

I also love the forward extendable seat bottom for extra hamstring support. The inflatable lumbar support moves up and down for just the right placement. Those with a bad back will notice.

All in all it's a firm, body hugging seat. Not cushy or bouncy and soft. An outstanding driving position! Such an improvement over the 2008 Lexus RX400h that I came from!

Quick Reply: Non-Heated Seat softer than Heated Seat?