AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/)
-   -   OBDeleven - what MKII SQ5/Q5 changes have you made? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/obdeleven-what-mkii-sq5-q5-changes-have-you-made-2936816/)

Jester7677 11-14-2017 02:44 AM

OBDeleven - what MKII SQ5/Q5 changes have you made?

I am looking to pick one of these units up and curious what folks have been able to do. What and how would be ideal.

RossG 11-14-2017 04:12 AM

I'm also very interested in hearing more about this before investing in the device. I'd like to understand whether or not the Pro pack is necessary and how the credit system actually works. The things I'm most interested in doing with my SQ5 are the following:

Gear display in D/S
Central Lock while ignition on
Comfort turn signals adjustment
Start/stop function memory - I know it can be disabled, what I really want is for it to remember state or default to off

Also, for the OP, you may want to look into this thread, which talks about some uses for it: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...oding-2923805/

rbreeze 11-14-2017 06:27 AM

I bought my OBDeleven device in early Sept. 2017 and in my opinion it was worth every penny. It's very easy and intuitive to use. I purchased the device from Deutsche Auto Parts for US$79.99, which included free shipping to a U.S. address as well as an activation code to enable OBDeleven "PRO" app features.
Using the OBDeleven device (with the associated ANDROID ONLY device app) I've carried out the following changes on my 2018 MKII Q5:

● SEP/17 Enabled/activated 'Active Lane Assist' (ALA) using Mitchfin's Long Coding & Adaptation revision instructions posted in the A4 (B9 platform) forum. Direct link to instructions: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-.../#post24868245 .
● SEP/17 Activated automatic gear selection display for "D" & "S" modes by revising an Adaptation setting in Module 02 - Transmission (ref. revision instruction posted in Q5 (MKI) forum). Alternatively use the included 1-click mini-app (10 credits) contained within the OBDeleven app.
● SEP/17 Changed comfort turn signals from 3 blinks to 4 blinks using the included 1-click mini-app (10 credits) contained within the OBDeleven app. Update OCT/18: Have since returned the comfort turn signals setting to 3 blinks.
● SEP/17 Activated Scandinavian DRLs using the included 1-click mini-app (10 credits) contained within the OBDeleven app.
● SEP/17 Deactivated the seat belt warning chime using the included 1-click mini-app (10 credits) contained within the OBDeleven app.
● SEP/17 Activated "Needle Sweep" using the included 1-click mini-app (10 credits) contained within the OBDeleven app.
● SEP/17 Enabled/activated the full/extended adaptive cruise control (ACC) settings menu in the MMI Infotainment screen by revising an Adaptation setting in Module 13 - Adaptive Cruise Control. ACC settings menu allows driver to set the default distance of ACC. Alternatively use the included 1-click mini-app (10 credits) contained within the OBDeleven app.
● NOV/17 Disabled the Auto Start-Stop function by revising an Adaptation setting in Module 08 - Air Conditioning (ref instruction posted in A4 (B9) and Q7 (MKII) forums).
● NOV/17 Changed the vehicle locking sounder setting from single chirp to double chirp by revising an Adaptation setting in Module 46 - Central Module Comfort System.
● NOV/17 Increased the heated steering wheel regulating temperature from 34 deg. C. (factory setting) to 36 deg. C. by revising [3 qty] Adaptation settings in Module 16 - Steering Column Electronics. Alternatively use the included 1-click mini-app (10 credits) contained within the OBDeleven app.
Update NOV/18: Increased heated steering wheel regulating temperature from 36 deg. C. to 38 deg. C.
● NOV/17 Changed the steering wheel vibration intensity from "medium" to "strong" for active lane assist (ALA) by revising an Adaptation setting in Module A5 - Front Sensors Driver Assistance System. Update OCT/18: Have since returned the steering wheel vibration intensity to "medium".
● NOV/17 Changed the directional stabilization assist driver inact. deactiv. threshold (interval time before warning message) from "medium" to "late" for active lane assist (ALA) by revising an Adaptation setting in Module A5 - Front Sensors Driver Assistance System.
● NOV/17 Activated "Low Beam when Flashing High Beam" by revising a Long Coding setting in Module 09 - Central Electrics.
● DEC/17 Increased the heated seat regulating temperatures (re my ventilated sport seats-equipped Q5) by revising Adaptation settings ("seat heater, micro adjust") in Module 09 - Central Electrics. My final settings are: Stage 1: +5 °C | Stage 2: +5 °C | Stage 3: +4 °C. Alternatively use the three included 1-click mini-apps (10 credits each) contained within the OBDeleven app.
● APR/18 Enabled/activated 'Traffic Jam Assist' (TJA) using Woolly's Long Coding & Adaptation revision instructions posted in the A4-B9 forum. Direct link to instructions: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-.../#post25130373 .
● APR/18 Accessed Module 46 - Central Module Comfort System -> Adaptation -> "Time for opening rear lid with remote control" and replaced old (factory) value of 800 ms with 1600 ms (i.e. doubled the time). Done to help prevent inadvertent opening of rear hatch.
● MAY/18 Accessed module (46) Central Module Comfort System -> Long Coding -> "automatic_unlock_nar" and changed the default/factory setting of 'active' to 'not active'. Vehicle doors no longer auto-unlock when Park is selected or when engine is shut down with transmission in gear. All vehicle doors unlock when inside door lever is pulled - perfect!
● MAY/18 Enabled 'Engineering menu' access and 'green hidden menu' access using the included 1-click mini-app (10 credits) contained within the OBDeleven app.
● JUN/18 Activated "Easy Entry" using the included 1-click mini-app (10 credits) contained within the OBDeleven app.
● SEP/18 Disabled the Park assist activation tone using the included 1-click mini-app (10 credits) contained within the OBDeleven app. Subject mini-app is entitled "Park assist activation tone". Update OCT/18: Have since undone this change because it was largely ineffective.
● SEP/18 Activated the Parking brake auto release feature >"for when the driver seat belt is not attached"<... using the included 1-click mini-app (10 credits) contained within the OBDeleven app. Subject mini-app is entitled "Parking brake auto release".

Above list of changes/info last edited on 2018-Nov-24
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other (info re PRO pack):
Per the Google Play Store app description, the OBDeleven "PRO" App features include:
- Trouble code Freeze frame
- Advanced control unit information
- Live data, measurements
- Textual Long coding, Adaptations, Live data, Basic settings, Output test for UDS control units
- Charts
- Coding
- Coding II
- Long coding
- Sub control units information
- Sub control units coding
- Getaway installation list coding
- Adaptation
- Long Adaptation
- Basic settings
- Output test
- Security access
- Login finder
- Readiness (UDS)
- Control unit reset (UDS)
- Diagnostic service change
- Control unit Backup
- Control unit programming history
- Car programming history

/Richard

Momyc 11-14-2017 07:49 AM

I'm looking also to buy ODBeleven here in Canada , but there are not too many shops from where to buy.
Does any Canadian fellows bought the ODBeleven ? From where , if you don't mind.
On Ebay or Amazon there are some vendors from Lithuania which I'm a bit worried to order from.
The US Deutsche auto part doesn't ship in Canada , unfortunately or it cost a lot for shipping.

Thanks,

2011IbisS4 11-14-2017 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Momyc (Post 25067397)
I'm looking also to buy ODBeleven here in Canada , but there are not too many shops from where to buy.
Does any Canadian fellows bought the ODBeleven ? From where , if you don't mind.
On Ebay or Amazon there are some vendors from Lithuania which I'm a bit worried to order from.
The US Deutsche auto part doesn't ship in Canada , unfortunately or it cost a lot for shipping.

Thanks,

I bought mine from GTR Auto https://store.gtrauto.ca/products/ob...-pro-scan-tool

rbreeze 11-14-2017 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Momyc (Post 25067397)

Thanks,

^ I also live in Canada - London, ON. I purchased my OBDeleven device from Deutsche Auto Parts (free shipping in U.S.) and had it shipped to my parcel pick-up address in Port Huron MI, which is about 60 miles away from where I live. Since you live in Montreal QC.. why don't you order from DAP and have it shipped free to a parcel pick-up address in Plattsburg NY or a similar border town?
There are a couple of online shops based in Calgary AB (GTR Auto is one of them) that sell the OBDeleven, but you'll end up paying more money vs DAP because of the shipping charge and the tax added (HST).
/R

Momyc 11-14-2017 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by 2011IbisS4 (Post 25067402)

Thanks . Does it comes with "credits" ?

wishbone 11-14-2017 08:32 AM

Does anyone know if OBDEleven can adjust the suspension leveling calibration for the air system cars? I know that VAG-COM use to be able to do this for the older audis and it would be a pretty killer feature to be able to adjust ride height from this app.

2011IbisS4 11-14-2017 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Momyc (Post 25067411)
Thanks . Does it comes with "credits" ?

When you create your account you get 11 free credits, you can get additional free credits as described here:

FAQ about application usage | OBDeleven

rbreeze 11-14-2017 10:39 AM

Before receiving a physical OBDeleven device you can download & install the app, create an account (11 free credits) and begin accumulating free credit points daily (generally 5 free credit points available each day that you visit the OBDeleven app and click on Get Credits).
Most of the "1 click" apps cost the user 10 credit points to utilize. A couple of the apps (such as deactivate Auto Start-Stop) cost 100 points to use.