Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

OBDeleven - what MKII SQ5/Q5 changes have you made?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Keyfob range limitation

Can someone provide the coding steps to deactivate Keyfob range limitation.

Is a security code required? Is there a source for what codes there are? How many codes are there?
Old 08-14-2018, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Highway lights & Auto Hibeams

Coding steps and opinions of the two above functions. Thanks
Old 08-15-2018, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Sunroof open and close with keyfob

I’ve found the following relating to sunroof operation. I’ve removed the distance limitation but would like to know more about controlling sunroof with fob, and
would like to know what buttons are used and if I can achieve the following: Open sunroof without opening windows. Choose between tilt and slide (or set one as default). Any information giving details of what these codings will do exactly..

Old 08-16-2018, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

OK. My OBDeleven has a mind of its own. I added the following:

1. Gear display D-on S-on. Used app
2. Vented seat fan increase 10%. Used app
3. Comfort operation range limitation. Deactivated using long coding.

That’s it! But I drove to the grocery store last night and noticed auto hibeam was engaged. I dont think it came with the car and I didn’t activate it. Then when I started the car to go home I saw the gauge needles sweep (I have virtual cockpit). I don’t recall ever seeing that either. But I don’t drive much. Am I going crazy, or have I just never noticed these things? The OBDeleven is not plugged in. Changes are not in history. Wallet shows I’ve spent 20 credits for the 2 app changes.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Sydney - Australia. Been keeping the Pacific and Indian oceans apart since 1788
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by jascooper
That’s it! But I drove to the grocery store last night and noticed auto hibeam was engaged. I dont think it came with the car and I didn’t activate it. Then when I started the car to go home I saw the gauge needles sweep (I have virtual cockpit). I don’t recall ever seeing that either. But I don’t drive much. Am I going crazy, or have I just never noticed these things? The OBDeleven is not plugged in. Changes are not in history. Wallet shows I’ve spent 20 credits for the 2 app changes.
Could be Mexican Duendes
Old 09-05-2018, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received my OBDEleven and had a few questions:
1. I've seen multiple people on this thread wanting to disable auto start/stop. Just curious why that is. I always assumed it was for fuel economy.
2. Does the ALA actually steer for you (similar to Teslas?) Or just give a gentle warning if you are veering off.
3. I am seeing there that VIM no longer works with the 2018 models. Is this still the case? Any updates on activating VIM?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by codeBruin
I just received my OBDEleven and had a few questions:
1. I've seen multiple people on this thread wanting to disable auto start/stop. Just curious why that is. I always assumed it was for fuel economy.
I did it because I got sick of the jerky stops and starts at stop signs and the fact that quick stop/starts are far more likely than the longer ones that would save fuel. I can still turn off the AC to reenable it if needed.

2. Does the ALA actually steer for you (similar to Teslas?) Or just give a gentle warning if you are veering off.
Yes, it actually steers the car within a lane. It can be set to intervene earlier or later, depending on how aggressive you want it to be. Like the Tesla, it will only steer for a limited amount of time if you actually take your hands off the wheel (max 15s as far as I can tell).

3. I am seeing there that VIM no longer works with the 2018 models. Is this still the case? Any updates on activating VIM?
I don’t think VIM is supported on 2018 models, as you discovered.

Last edited by rccoleman; 09-05-2018 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rbreeze
I bought my OBDeleven device in early Sept. 2017 and in my opinion it was worth every penny. It's very easy and intuitive to use. I purchased the device from Deutsche Auto Parts for US$79.99, which included free shipping to a U.S. address as well as an activation code to enable OBDeleven "PRO" app features.
Using the OBDeleven device (with the associated ANDROID ONLY smartphone app) I've carried out the following changes on my 2018 MKII Q5:

● SEP/17 Enabled/activated 'Active Lane Assist' (ALA) using Mitchfin's Long Coding & Adaptation revision instructions posted in the A4 (B9 platform) forum. Direct link to instructions: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-.../#post24868245
● SEP/17 Activated automatic gear selection display for "D" & "S" modes by revising an Adaptation setting in Module 02 (ref. revision instruction posted in Q5 (MKI) forum)
● SEP/17 Changed comfort turn signals from 3 blinks to 4 blinks using the included 1-click mini-app (10 credits) contained within the OBDeleven app
● SEP/17 Activated Scandinavian DRLs using the included 1-click mini-app (10 credits) contained within the OBDeleven app
● SEP/17 Deactivated the seat belt warning chime using the included 1-click mini-app (10 credits) contained within the OBDeleven app
● SEP/17 Activated "Needle Sweep" using the included 1-click mini-app (10 credits) contained within the OBDeleven app
● SEP/17 Disabled the Auto Start-Stop function by revising an Adaptation setting in Module 08 (ref instruction posted in A4 (B9) and Q7 (MKII) forums)
● SEP/17 Enabled/activated the full/extended adaptive cruise control (ACC) settings menu in the MMI Infotainment screen by revising an Adaptation setting in Module 13
● DEC/17 Increased the heated steering wheel set temperature from 34 deg. C. (factory setting) to 36 deg. C. by revising [3 qty] Adaptation settings in Module 16
● DEC/17 Changed the steering wheel vibration intensity from "medium" to "strong" for active lane assist (ALA) by revising an Adaptation setting in Module A5
● DEC/17 Changed the directional stabilization assist driver inact. deactiv. threshold (interval time before warning message) from "medium" to "late" for active lane assist (ALA) by revising an Adaptation setting in Module A5
● DEC/17 Changed the vehicle locking sounder setting from single chirp to double chirp by revising an Adaptation setting in Module 46
● DEC/17 Activated "Low Beam when Flashing High Beam" by revising a Long Coding setting in Module 09
● DEC/17 Increased the heated seat regulating temperatures (re my ventilated sport seats-equipped Q5) by revising Adaptation settings ("seat heater, micro adjust") in Module 09 Central Electrics. Final settings are: Stage 1: +5 °C | Stage 2: +5 °C | Stage 3: +4 °C
● APR/18 Enabled/activated 'Traffic Jam Assist' (TJA) using Woolly's Long Coding & Adaptation revision instructions posted in the A4-B9 forum. Direct link to instructions: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-.../#post25130373
● APR/18 Accessed module (46) Central Module Comfort System -> Adaptation -> "Time for opening rear lid with remote control" and replaced old (factory) value of 800 ms with 1600 ms. Done to help prevent inadvertent opening of rear hatch.
● MAY/18 Accessed module (46) Central Module Comfort System -> Long Coding -> "automatic_unlock_nar" and changed the default/factory setting of 'active' to 'not active'. Vehicle doors no longer auto-unlock when Park is selected or when engine is shut down with transmission in gear.
● MAY/18 Enabled 'Engineering menu' access and 'green hidden menu' access using the included 1-click mini-app (10 credits) contained within the OBDeleven app
● JUN/18 Activated "Easy Entry" using the included 1-click mini-app (10 credits) contained within the OBDeleven app

Above list of changes last edited on July 04, 2018
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other (info re PRO pack):
Per the Google Play Store app description, the OBDeleven "PRO" App features include:
- Trouble code Freeze frame
- Advanced control unit information
- Live data, measurements
- Textual Long coding, Adaptations, Live data, Basic settings, Output test for UDS control units
- Charts
- Coding
- Coding II
- Long coding
- Sub control units information
- Sub control units coding
- Getaway installation list coding
- Adaptation
- Long Adaptation
- Basic settings
- Output test
- Security access
- Login finder
- Readiness (UDS)
- Control unit reset (UDS)
- Diagnostic service change
- Control unit Backup
- Control unit programming history
- Car programming history

/Richard
Guys...I am super impressed by all this. Everyone has made it sound pretty easy with some great enhancements to SQ5. Question is...admittedly, I'm an Apple nerd and don't know or own anything Android. I checked the OBDeleven website and their wasn't an Apple offering. Am I the only one with an iPhone or has someone purchase something equivalent that enables using an iOS device instead?
Thanks..
Old 09-05-2018, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TravelingTonyJ
Guys...I am super impressed by all this. Everyone has made it sound pretty easy with some great enhancements to SQ5. Question is...admittedly, I'm an Apple nerd and don't know or own anything Android. I checked the OBDeleven website and their wasn't an Apple offering. Am I the only one with an iPhone or has someone purchase something equivalent that enables using an iOS device instead?
Thanks..
I use an iPhone as my main phone and I bought a $9.99 prepaid Android phone from Walmart just to run OBDEleven. It sits in my center console in the car.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rccoleman

I use an iPhone as my main phone and I bought a $9.99 prepaid Android phone from Walmart just to run OBDEleven. It sits in my center console in the car.
THANKS!!!! I didn't even know that was an option. Been with Apple too long and know that's not possible with them. That's a great solution. Thank you so much!!!!

Quick Reply: OBDeleven - what MKII SQ5/Q5 changes have you made?