Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Parking aid audio off but video on?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Parking aid audio off but video on?

Hi. I did some searching but haven't seen this discussed. I apologize if it has been.

Whenever I have a bike rack on the receiver hitch the parking aid audio signal is super annoying. If I hit the disable button on the dash it will silence the system, but it will also disable the 360 camera. If ever there is a time for the 360 camera it is when there is a rack on the back of the car! So I'm looking to disable the sound, but not the video of the parking assist feature.

Presumably via OBDeleven I could permanently disable the sound, but I'd rather not do that. (I'm not the only driver of the car and there are others who...lets just say..benefit from having the audio even when the bike rack is not installed.)

Possible?
Old 06-06-2019, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there an option in vehicle settings on the MMI to completely mute the sensors? I know it allows you to adjust the volume of the front/rear sensors, but I forget if it lets you turn them off (not near my car at the moment).
Old 06-06-2019, 11:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 389 Likes on 276 Posts

I have never heard of anyone with any Audi model being able to mute or disable these warnings so I would venture to say you won't find a way to disable sound. Audi exposes a very limited set of adjustments for safety warnings and notifications. This extends from Pre-Sense to the annoying warning tone to put your hands back on the wheel with ALA to notification that you're backing up, to audible notification that Predictive efficiency assist is disabled.

Fortunately they allow you to turn off the seat belt warning chime. Probably because it's a common setting across manufactures.